what are the limits/specs/requirments ect...for registering a boat....is it as simple as let's say---"if it's trailered...it's needs registration"?....I'm lookin for you guys to shorten s*** up for me so I'm not readin' some bloated govt. document---like a dope. . . when the greatest resource for the info is you guys right here.
-----I can shorten the answers up for you with specs of my own---I'm OCD for the Tracker10--and when the tax check gets cashed this spring--it'll be more of a reality...and I wanna know what I'm in for AHEAD OF TIME ---cash fees and so on. . .---->lookin in your direction johnny bags--you bein the KING OF FEES N REGISTRATIONZzz™® and with all your dealings with the state n s*** for the tourney's figure you might have a "short" on this

--And Nate---you got your s*** hooked up---KARMA--had you been sellin your rig in the Spring--I'd look harder at your's...I hope ya have some lucking sellin' it

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:10 am

if it has an engine it needs to be registered electric and gasoline

u need copy of sales tax a money wire made out to state and a visit to the office takes 15 mins u get a sticker and a name

the u go to a signs by tomorrow or some other shop and let them cut a decal for ur number at least 4 inches height

stick the registarttion stcker and the decal to the boat and ur all set for one season next year u only renew

if u get busted w/o registration its 150 $ and the second time its 400 $

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:53 am

Not sure if i can nail it down for you. But you will have sales tax and you will need to register boat and trailer separately.

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:00 am

DOn't forget you need the title......

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:57 am

Seems to be very very similar to registering a car/truck
Bill of sale/owner-title(which I'm guessing USAMarine will give me @ the P O P.-sales tax(5% of "the book"?)---and registration.
----now,do I have to insure it like my truck?or is that a choice?
-------trip to the RMV?--or is there a Boater's RMV?
-----can I decal the name & #'s on myself or do I HAVE to have a PRO do it for me ? Since I've decaled a trillion times now I'd rather do up my own name graphics....so I hope thats legit -I'm thinkin'
The SS BluesCruiser™® -with a LIFESIZED graphic of myself rippin solos on my STRAT....hahaha a a a a I'm kiddin about that part OBVIOUSLY ---but I'm leanin' towards that for my "name"

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:05 am

if the vessel is under 14' you don't need a title. just a certificate of origin or a previous registration. if you buy new you pay tax to the deal, used you pay when you go to register. they will ask what you have for a motor etc. if motorized you also need to have running lights. if it's new it will come with the cert. you go the the Ervironmental Police office(not sure where you live but there are a few in MA so I'm sure something is close) to register the boat.

to register a trailer you need to go to the rmv. since you will be well under the weight limit there is no need for a title for a trailer. again if used you need a prior registration or cert. you used to able to register them as home made but they cracked down on this and now ask for a receipts for materials used for building and cost. then they tax(same goes for excise tax) you on what a brand new trailer is worth(learned this the hard way). again, the sales tax will paid at the dealer if new registry if used.

hope this helps

Posted Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:28 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links