i heared some tales about lakes holding great fish
any one some suggestions on what lake holds the biggest larry's ?

name, short description and boat access plz

ty

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:56 am

This is a good idea. I have started compiling a spreadsheet with the following columns:

Name City Distance Time Type Longitude Latitude Kayak launch Parking Comments

The distance/Time is specific per user, based on their home address. Rest of the columns can be used by any one. If anyone is interested in the spreadsheet, send me a message, I can share it via google docs.

Trophykayaker

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:51 am

I have a funny feeling you're going to have a hard time getting people to give up their honey holes.

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:01 pm

well i am not fishing for dinner so i think we all throw the big guys back

and if you see it like that then you can't tell anybody how to rig up a rubberbait or how to fish for carp so what would be the reason to go on a forum anyways

and if you say lake x does not necessarily mean cove y stay at 4 ft water 6 inches to the left or the gps coordinates

Razz

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:27 pm

a little pond behind Ayer courthouse in ayer mass big bass only cartoppers though I've caught 5 5# so far this year mostly top water very weedy now

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:49 pm

I have heard good things about fishing behind the Ayer courthouse...

Is it too weedy in there to fish now , or is it still worth the trip??? Is there room to park over there and get a canoe in there.

I would be interested in seeing the link for that spreadsheet... if you can email me the link/file, I'd appreciate it. megad80@gmail.com , thanks.

Adam

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Here is the link to the spreadsheet on google docs. I have made it accessible to anyone with this link. You may add details to this spreadsheet.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq3YmjeMr4ejdFBCa0hNd2UtV2M2RFk4b1JBQTFFZWc&hl=en_US

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:51 pm

love the idea! but i dont love the thought of other boats in my honey holes and i have to wait to fish em. its just how fishermen are. from crab guys to lobstermen nobody likes the site of a guy in their honey hole

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:55 pm

skoda

land if you see it like that then you can't tell anybody how to rig up a rubberbait or how to fish for carp so what would be the reason to go on a forum anyways

I'm not concerned about keeping or releasing fish...if you have a lake with limited pressure, and all of a sudden its highly pressured, the fishing won't be as good because they'll be used to seeing all the lures people are throwing in there.

I'm not quite certain what this quote means...I post a lot on here about fishing for various species because I've tried a lot of things and know how they work. I've even post about spots here and there. If someone can learn from my experiences, that's awesome. It has nothing to do with where I've tried them.

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:37 pm

skoda

and if you see it like that then you can't tell anybody how to rig up a rubberbait or how to fish for carp so what would be the reason to go on a forum anyways

Razz

Lots of guys will share info privately, but no one wants to post there honey holes in public. As far as your comment rigging up worms etc, I can teach you how to pan for gold..but I am not telling you where the gold is.

Just look at trips, guys catch 5 and 6 lb bass all the time and say exactly where they catch them.

Last edited by kman on Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:08 pm

I THINK KARL NAILED IT !! IF YOU WANNA FINF WHERE THE BIG ONES CAME FROM LOOK AT THE TRIPS GUYS USUALLY WILL TELL YA WHERE THEY GOT THEM BECAUSE THE CHANCES OF SOMEONE GETTING THEM AGAIN IS SO SLIM BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:52 am

makes sense guys - my intention was more to get the lake that holds THE biggest ones in average not to park infront of your favorite hole
Very Happy

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:31 am

Smoke and Chuck I know you have a honey hole! WHERE IS IT?????

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:20 pm

IMO, lakes with either a herring run or ones with trout stocking are going to have BIG bass in them. There are Mass fishery and wildlife websites that tell you which ones have them. Find the few that have BOTH and you have hit the Lottery

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:31 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links