This actually answers my post about non-lead Jigs. I do favor Tungsten weights because of their smaller size to weight ratio, but the price is a killer. If anyone has read into this law, it states that only "the use of less than 1 ounce of lead weight is illegal." This does not make since to me. To my understanding the reason behind this law is to save a certain loon population, but have you ever seen the size of a 1 oz. lead sinker, there is not much size difference between a 1/2 oz. egg sinker and a 1oz. egg sinker? I'm pretty sure a loon could still swallow one...

Posted Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:15 pm

As a fisherman when you buy a license its your own duty to learn the laws of the specific place your fishing in. If you read all the laws then you will be fine. Ignorance is no excuse to the law.

Posted Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:45 pm

I realize that it is the law so it doesn't really matter what I think. But does lead not occur naturally? There is a small stream near where i live and there is a section where the water flows over a large lead deposit. Just sayin

Posted Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:36 pm

What the law is against is the ingestion of lead to certain water foul. Seems foul to me too!

Posted Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:56 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links