Excellent job men, With all my cash flowing into the boat I was bummed that I couldn't take advantage of that sale. 25% off is awesome!

Posted Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:14 pm

the ci4 matches my rage perfectly can't wait to try it out!! but it's defiantly worth having a nice bass rig to be fishing from when your boat gets done!!

Posted Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:03 pm

I went crazy last season and bought 6-7 new setups. I did add a new reel this year too. I love seeing everybody happy with their new purchases.

Posted Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:28 pm

Since we had crappy weather today....I went back and hung out for a few hours..had some chili, took in a couple of the workshops added some more lures and plastics....

Talked to the guys at the desk and next week is the "Rod Trade In"...here we go again...lol

PJ

Posted Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:30 pm

biggz53

I did the same Revo STX was marked down to 160 then the sale brought it down to about 112, couldn't pass it up! I debated the curado but needed something with a bit more drag and will switch up some reels to match the rods.

Dude, that's such an awesome deal! I almost did that but I got an STX on sale last summer when they originally started clearing them out.

Instead I bought the Stradic (for $150) from TW. Then today I went to BPS with Cheezy Reel and Gift Cards in hand. Feel in love with the Revo SX. It is so light and with the $25 off I couldn't resist.

With gift cards all I spent was $50 on the 2 reels.

Now I need some rods Smile

Posted Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:27 pm

jjbagoose

biggz53

I did the same Revo STX was marked down to 160 then the sale brought it down to about 112, couldn't pass it up! I debated the curado but needed something with a bit more drag and will switch up some reels to match the rods.

Dude, that's such an awesome deal! I almost did that but I got an STX on sale last summer when they originally started clearing them out.

Instead I bought the Stradic (for $150) from TW. Then today I went to BPS with Cheezy Reel and Gift Cards in hand. Feel in love with the Revo SX. It is so light and with the $25 off I couldn't resist.

With gift cards all I spent was $50 on the 2 reels.

Now I need some rods Smile

Haha funny I bought an Revo SX last week at BPS with gift cards for 25 bucks more than the STX, thought about returning it but if I spend anymore time in the off season doing fishing related things my girlfriend will leave me .... All evens out

Posted Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:48 pm

oh god im defiantly gonna get in trouble with the rod trade in now haha i cant wait!! im sure i can find a new rod i can use!!

Posted Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:31 pm

That rod trade in is gonna get me in big trouble! And if anybody is interested in a Quantam Energy baitcasters there $80 off next week at dicks there $99.98 originally $179.99. Dont bother going to the dedham dicks for them tho i already have all three in the back im buying them this sunday morning the minute we open the store but we should be getting a shipment in if anybody is serious about them i could hold one in the backroom just message me on here. haha they have the V-spool technology and most of them are the 7.1:1 burner series we also have them in 6.4:1 as welll. Figured i would pass along the savings i have one of these reels now and there amazing.

Posted Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:31 am

Well... I fell off the deep end today and ordered my St.Croix 2 piece 6'6" M Legend Elite Rod....saved another $50 by turning in an old cheapie I got at a garage sale for $2.

Should have it in a week or so they said. The St. Croix reps were there and I discussed rod option with them..after ordering my rod they threw in a nice St.Croix Hat Black with a Red "Rage" on the front.

I am now $308.00 lighter for that purchase but that rod will last me my lifetime.

PJ

Posted Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:53 pm

I might start my own buy back program, if any one has quality reels (shimano, Abu, etc) all beat up, I'm interested. Message me

Posted Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:03 pm

When I went in I saw some pretty decent looking reels in the trade in box. Def still worth more then you would save on a new one I'd be willing to buy a left hand bait caster if you get one in and fix it up.

Posted Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:28 pm

eastciderida

When I went in I saw some pretty decent looking reels in the trade in box. Def still worth more then you would save on a new one I'd be willing to buy a left hand bait caster if you get one in and fix it up.

Once my website is up and running I will offer refurbished reelz for sale, from simple factory tuned reelz to super tuned custom painted ones.

Any old reelz you have can be brought back to better than new condition in a short amount of time, changing handles, spools etc all cut weight and add eye appeal, let me know if you need any work done

Posted Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:32 pm

Neil, you should call BassPro and ask what they do with those reels. I'll bet the staff picks through them pretty good but who knows, they might be tossing them out. The only other thing they might be doing with them is donating to some fishing oriented charity. They certainly aren't going to be holding onto them.

Posted Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:28 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links