What is a barrel plug? When I hear plug I think of something on the surface, but this sounds like a jig?

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:56 pm

thelucky

What is a barrel plug? When I hear plug I think of something on the surface, but this sounds like a jig?

it is a jig

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:58 pm

It's barrel bug I just fail. It's a jig that is skinner, more low profile, more finesse. I wanna try em at Quabbin like Shawn said. Look at jwalls profile he has pics posted

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:58 pm

Sounds like I need one. Just becaue it seems like everyone else has one Exclamation

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:03 pm

this is the ban wagon to jump on

Posted Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:28 pm

thelucky

Sounds like I need one. Just becaue it seems like everyone else has one Exclamation

Got one in my Tackle Grab!

Posted Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:01 pm

I'm a fan now. Was fishing the river this morning and caught a couple on a jerk bait, but I could see bass just come up and stare at the jerkbait and just mouth it lightly. The few I did get were poorly hooked on the back treble. Threw on the barrel plug I got in Tackle Grab and caught 8 fish in 8 cast with it. 7 bass and 1 crappie. The 9th cast I actually caught a plastic bag to break the streak. All small fish but they just hammered it, most had leaves and muck in the back of throats from crushing it on the bottom. Pretty fun little bait, I rocked it without a trailer on it. Only problem with it was I couldn't punch it through the ice. River frozen up by 10:30.

Posted Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:02 pm

Damn good effort man!! I just can't handle the cold weather

Posted Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:53 pm

[quote="thelucky"]I'm a fan now. Was fishing the river this morning and caught a couple on a jerk bait, but I could see bass just come up and stare at the jerkbait and just mouth it lightly. The few I did get were poorly hooked on the back treble. Threw on the barrel plug I got in Tackle Grab and caught 8 fish in 8 cast with it. 7 bass and 1 crappie. The 9th cast I actually caught a plastic bag to break the streak. All small fish but they just hammered it, most had leaves and muck in the back of throats from crushing it on the bottom. Pretty fun little bait, I rocked it without a trailer on it. Only problem with it was I couldn't punch it through the ice. River frozen up by 10:30.

[/quote

Now that's awesome!

Posted Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:39 am

shawneramone

Mine's Flashy...like me

You,re about as flashy as a burnt out light bulb

Posted Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:37 am

sinista

shawneramone

Mine's Flashy...like me

You,re about as flashy as a burnt out light bulb

That comment reeks of jealousy