Im guessing most of you have had a bad experience while out fishing. It could be from when you were 10 or last week. So lets hear them....

Ill start off with two quick ones....

Worst time out of them all was when my friend and i went out early one morning on a pond and the sun was barely up and my klutz friend hooked my pole and sent it flying into 8-12 feet of water...Took a long time to get it back and i was PISSED!

The other time i was out by myself on a canoe and i got my new rod and reel just 4-5 weeks before and there was a decent breeze. I went to go lift up the anchor and with big burst of wind and me not paying attention my $235 setup was floating 3 feet away from me.... If it wern't for the light setup and the nice foam in the handle i would of been a very VERY pissed off person...It scared the living s*** out of me!!! i was laughing after just thinking about how mad i would of been...But atleast i found out my rod floats...just sucked it had to be the hard way lol.

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:44 pm

I'll give this a shot.

For the last 7-8 yrs 4-8 of us have been making a trip to Maine.We all started in rental jon boats.Then started going to a different area in Maine and taking my 20' aluminum fish-ski. So 4 years ago i think there was 6 of us and we headed up again.Except when we got there my main motor 120hp was blown (realized the day we were leaving). So we made due with a 8hp kicker pushing a 20' boat with 6 guys. Let me tell ya a 9 mile long lake can take some time at that speed.

New boat 20' fiberglass fish/ski 2nd mishap.
last year my fuel pump crapped out on the first hr of our trip. of coarse it was after we motored 6 miles away from the dock and my trolling motor switch broke.
So we hand pumped the ball on the fuel line to go anywhere we needed for the remainder of the trip at an idle speed.
Haha,did i say we? My buddy would be pissed if i took any credit for anything other that sitting and steering. lol
I have to say we had a blast every time we went and made the best of what we had.
Im heading on the same trip in 2 weeks Very Happy. I have taken the boat out already to check it out. I'll post my trip when we get back. Gona be a full boat again.

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:22 pm

I was in Moponsett with my cousin and when I dropped the anchor I was letting the rope go thru may hand and bam I had a Super Spook buried in my palm.We had moved to another spot and I switched from the spook to a rubber worm.I wasn't paying attention to where I put the Zara spook I just dropped in my box assuming it went in nope It landed on the anchor rope.I had my cousin cut the rope away from the anchor and the lure and I had to go to E.R. to get the treble hooks out.

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:41 pm

That reminds me of one more. lol
While throwing a spook on the quabin i caught a smaillie. he wasn't very big so i figure hmm boat flip him? Great idea except while swinging the fish i missed catching him with my free hand and stuck myself in the chest. Saying to my buddy "dude i need help!" i just hooked my self with a zara spook and the fish is on the other set of hooks and kicking!!! OUCH!!!
He just laughed (seriously) and thought i was joking. Well the fish kept kicking and it frigen hurt. I was able to let line off my reel and drop the pole and hold both the fish and spook. I'm not good with that stuff so i just yanked and bared the pain. HAHA.
While somewhat perturbed at my moron friend the day went on and all was good.
It wasn't anything serious but i did have a nice blood stain on the shirt and a stupid story to tell someday. like now

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:54 pm

I was lucky 2 of the hooks were buried under my pinky finger and the other was buried under my thumb I tried pulling them out but they won't budge.

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:59 pm

I was lucky 2 of the hooks were buried under my pinky finger and the other was buried under my thumb I tried pulling them out but they won't budge.

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:25 pm

A couple years ago I was doing some blast and casting in december on lake ontario in my 18ft deep vee (duck hunting while drift fishing for trout), after a drift my fuel froze and broke off near the outboard. I had no power and was drifting further into the lake stern to the waves toward about 3 to 4 ft breaking waves. As soon as we hit the breakers one come over the back and completely cleared the splash well and swamped the boat. I got the pucker factor real bad and called my work(the coast guard) luckily they got there in 10 minutes to get us. And that 10 minutes was the longest 10 minutes of my life. I was lucky to be alive and really emberassed and my co workers still covent let me live it down

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:49 pm

The day I blew the powerhead on my bassboat. Just running down the lake when all of a sudden bang bang bang seize!!!! lucily it was a smaller lake and I did not have far to go by trolling motor to the ramp.

other stuff is just bad experiences with home owners who think they own the lake.

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:22 pm

Had a lighting strike land right next to me in an aluminum boat last November on the Rio Negro in Brazil. I hate them, but I think the crocs that I was wearing saved me from a worse shock than I got. Never saw the bolt, but my buddy said it was a foot or two away.

The very next day after that my guide speared a sting ray between my legs in a lagoon. At least this was kind of cool the sting ray gave birth after we tossed it on the shore.
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/215/dscn0490g.jpg/]
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:39 pm

How about the time my buddy and I were in a bass club. WE had a 2 day tourney on Champlain. Day one we blew his powerhead. Drove ALL the way home to Mass, dropped off his boat, picked up mine, drove through the night to arrive just in time for day 2 start. Wind was blowing 20mph and on Champlain and thats NASTY. Ended up ripping off my eletronics in 4footers and watch it sail by our heads. $600 gone in an instant. WE did finish 1st and 3rd but that still wasn't enough to put a dent in what that weekend cost between motel, food, boat repairs and gas.

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:03 am

Last summer while fishing for stripers me and my buddy Darren were catching fish on every other cast from schoolies up to 32 or 33 inches. As D was going to lip a smaller fish it did a head shake and stuck a treble hook past the barb in his wrist. I cut the line off the lure and we headed home. When he was at the ER the Dr told him it was a good thing he didn't try to remove it because it was in a nerve (no wonder he was in so much pain) and next to a pretty big vein. Needless to say I won't let him live that down. A great night of fishing ruined by the schoolie that fought back

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:28 am

This isnt really bad, but its kinda funny now.

Opening day in Rhode Island couple weekends ago my friend and his little brother (not so little hes in his 20's) headed out to the spot. As we got there and he was anchoring the jon boat we were in, my friends light tackle pole (that he just got for 125 bucks) got somehow hooked or trapped onto the anchor and the new rod that we just set up on a Panther Martin lure fell into the water. And we didn't find it either afterwards.

Anyhow, I feel bad about it and tried to make his brother feel better about it. However, he wigged out on his bro, lol... Evil or Very Mad

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:11 am

Fishing on a dock with friend a couple of steps behind me I swing back to make my cast hear him shout my name in a low angry voice I turn around he points to his ear and my hook has perfectly pierced his ear lol Another time I caught a nice pickerel with a Rapala wanted to show my son a live fish for first time held pickerel up and of course he shook his head and the treble hooks right into my hand a trip to the ER and one traumatized kid later!

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:46 pm

driving down the river wondering why my bag floats next to my feet
turn around water pouring in via the bilgepump hatch

dark and cold and i m like great forgot to put back in the drainage plug
then battery shortned out with a great spark and i taste metal on my tongue

hm lifted feet up grabbed headlight out of floaty bag - by that time boat is 1/3 full and filling up rather quick

lifting marine 80 lbs battery on forward deck ripp of all connectors and pray that battery is still alive

hook up bilge pump connector and start humming i am like - SAVED

took 20 mins on full for the pump - and used a fat tube wrapped in sandwich bag as drain plug

that was my best i guess not to mention
- handburn with anchor rope
- lost holding screw on e motor while in cartopper - nice blisters by the way on your hand dude

- or a cloaked carburator 30 mins from ramp in 2 ft waves on cochituate in may

Posted Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:15 pm

Me and my buddy were night fishing at boone and anyone who ever fishes there knows how active the beavers get. We see one get right by the boat, the beaver slaps its tail and he freaks out and lunges toward me on the back of the boat and nearly knocks me off. the only thing preventing me from falling off the boat is my boat holding on to my shirt lol.

Posted Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links