blackstonecarp

Your welcome, but the legal part isn't my opinion, lets not get that confused. My opinion is I think the rig is silly and bad for catch and release. The "is it legal" part is stated clearly in Massachusetts freshwater law, there are no special lakes or rivers that are exceptions and that is fact. If your going to another state with your friend, I dunno..but you mention/add quite a few "if its legal" statements. So I figured it would be good to have the laws about it included in the thread, glad this helps us all get to the same page heh.

Wink

Been on the same page from the beginning myself., Considering I've read the same statement over and over.
You don't like it, That's your opinion stated relentlessly.
I'm sure you know i don't care. I value it but still won't change what i have said or my opinion.
I'll post it if i ever use it. Do i have to say where it's legal again?
Some people won't like it. Again i don't care. Because I'm sure alot of people will be doing something i don't agree with and they won't care what i think. But that's a story for a different time.
Anyway good luck next time out

In ending - If i ever use this rig and impale a fish worse than a crankbait i will also not use it. I'm not looking to harm any fish. I'm 99.9% catch and release. But i also don't think anybody really has used this rig enough to have a legitimate opinion. So that's just what it is an opinion.

Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:07 am

Jay,

I hope you realize, that rig is illegal

Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:33 am

Your like a book of knowledge, Maybe you can give me a small bit when i visit Maine. I promise i won't use the rig, lol Laughing

Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:06 am

[quote="jwall046"]Has anyone heard about the A-rig?
Paul Elias used this to win at Guntersville this fall.
:Is it me or could paul and kenny haskins be long lost brothers...? just sayin' hahahhaaa

Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:38 am

[quote="riverrat82"]
jwall046

Has anyone heard about the A-rig?
Paul Elias used this to win at Guntersville this fall.
:Is it me or could paul and kenny haskins be long lost brothers...? just sayin' hahahhaaa

Damn! That's why he is soooo good!

Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:45 am

So I have a minnow with 3 treble hooks on it... is that illegal? It's the XCalibur EEratic Shad. Bill Dance swears by it.

http://www.basspro.com/XCalibur-EEratic-Shad-Edwin-Evers-Signature-Model-Hardbaits/product/10209678/119904

Posted Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:45 am

jlev44

So I have a minnow with 3 treble hooks on it... is that illegal? It's the XCalibur EEratic Shad. Bill Dance swears by it.

http://www.basspro.com/XCalibur-EEratic-Shad-Edwin-Evers-Signature-Model-Hardbaits/product/10209678/119904

That is legal..a hook is defined as a device which is designed to catch 1 fish. It doesn't matter that it has 3 actual hooks on it, it is designed to catch one fish. The Alabama rig is illegal because it is designed to catch multiple fish.

Posted Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:07 am

yeah dude it's illegal, you don't understand that yet! just because your buddy makes it, doesn't mean it's legal, seriously? and just because the pros do it doesn't make it harmless, ethical, or a good idea. look at that idiot who shoved lead weights into a poor bass's stomach.

Posted Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:12 pm

bassmonkey21

yeah dude it's illegal, you don't understand that yet! just because your buddy makes it, doesn't mean it's legal, seriously? and just because the pros do it doesn't make it harmless, ethical, or a good idea. look at that idiot who shoved lead weights into a poor bass's stomach.

Old news!!!!!!!! Seems like you haven't read this thoroughly! I forgot about this but i don't think i ever stated i new this was legal or a good technique. Just threw it out there for conversation. if you read it is not a welcome technique in Ma. I also said i might try it if i found a state that i fished and it was legal. That prob won't happen.But thanx for chiming in,late but always welcome.
Buddy doesn't make it. He said he wants to and he fishes in florida by the way!
Haha.No worries.

Posted Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:55 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links