Neil you remind me so much of my buddy you talked to its not even funny (in a good way). I hope I get the clean him back some day, your story gives me hope that me not giving up on him isnt a waste. Keep up the good work bro

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:17 pm

lunkerhunter2366

Wow....incredible, Massive amount of props to you.... After hearing your story and listeing to my brother b**** about his little problems i almost wana punch him. I wish you could talk to him, but hes in jail....for awhile.

to be honest all the years I spent behind the wall "locked up" kept me alive to fight another day, in prison was the safest place I could be , I couldnt continue to do damage to myself, my family, and for how ever long I was there society was safe, the hope is that the light goes on and he realizes that life is passing him by, my times served was a direct result of the ways and means to get and use more, when the using stopped so did the incarcerations

Posted Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:53 am

Neil simply congratulating you on getting straight doesn't come close to proper acknowledgment! I think everyone here admires the great strength and character you have to pick yourself up and to start enjoying a good life with family and friends. I know the way it works and the trap folks can easily fall in to. Most of us have close friends and relatives that fought the demons, some with success others not. Great courage for posting the vid and again shows the strength you have. Outstanding what you've accomplished ...... keep yourself strong, not only for yourself but for the others you now help. You should be dang proud of yourself!

- tate

Posted Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:55 am

I want to take a second to say thank you to everyone who took the time to watch this video, if you haven't yet seen it click the link. I appreciate all the kind words and encouragement it really means a lot, despite how set in my way I can be sometimes I want you guys to know I appreciate the fishing, the conversation, the jokes, the fights and everything in between...Rock on MAFF!

Posted Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:07 am

First off let me say it takes alot of balls to lay your life on the table for everyone to see!!!2nd being from the city i've known many people thru the years that followed the same paths and most are in the ground.It takes someone that has been there to really make a difference and you can reach people differently than most being who you are!!!Having that addictive personality is prob what makes you fish like 40 tourneys a year ha ha .I could go on and on and couldn't imagine the pain from loosing your wife i don't know what i would do without mine.I was in a dark place when i was 24 and she carried me thru.

Congrats on who you are now!Because if it wasn't for the changes you made noone would have wanted to be around you!(You know what i mean). Glad to see you smiling and enjoying life and always know you have alot of good people around you. Stay strong life is better when you do and i'm sure you see that!!Keep up the good work and continue to help the kids and adults with your story!

Smoke

Posted Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:40 am

smokecity

First off let me say it takes alot of balls to lay your life on the table for everyone to see!!!2nd being from the city i've known many people thru the years that followed the same paths and most are in the ground.It takes someone that has been there to really make a difference and you can reach people differently than most being who you are!!!Having that addictive personality is prob what makes you fish like 40 tourneys a year ha ha .I could go on and on and couldn't imagine the pain from loosing your wife i don't know what i would do without mine.I was in a dark place when i was 24 and she carried me thru.

Congrats on who you are now!Because if it wasn't for the changes you made noone would have wanted to be around you!(You know what i mean). Glad to see you smiling and enjoying life and always know you have alot of good people around you. Stay strong life is better when you do and i'm sure you see that!!Keep up the good work and continue to help the kids and adults with your story!

Smoke

Thanks Justin that means alot bro, really does!

Posted Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:59 am

Neil, Thanks for sharing that great story. I've been on the Alonon end of things. Thank god there is help out there to battle this terrible disease. Sounds like your doing great things now!

Posted Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:15 pm

That's an amazing story. Keep up the good work Neil.

Posted Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:23 pm

dendogg

That's an amazing story. Keep up the good work Neil.

Thanks Boss

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:51 pm

I lost a few friends to heroin when I was younger. Congratulations on your sobriety. Nothing wrong with being addicted to catching fish!

Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:30 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links