the bays near the esplanade hold fish too and are good early and late.

Posted Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I guess I will have to get used to fishing some of these places with lots of traffic and in more urban areas.

Has anyone tried Little Chauncey Pond or the Assabet River where it looks like it widens up there? Looks bassy/pikey on the map.

Posted Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:39 am

vtbassnpike

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I guess I will have to get used to fishing some of these places with lots of traffic and in more urban areas.

Has anyone tried Little Chauncey Pond or the Assabet River where it looks like it widens up there? Looks bassy/pikey on the map.

there is a big ditch in the middle of the access road to little chauncy. and I mean a BIG ditch that is always full of water and not passable. maybe you can walk in.

Posted Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:21 am

oldfisher

vtbassnpike

there is a big ditch in the middle of the access road to little chauncy. and I mean a BIG ditch that is always full of water and not passable. maybe you can walk in.

Thanks, I think I just saw that BIG ditch on Google Maps! I've walked 1 mile straight up a mountain carrying a canoe with my buddy to a pond in New Hampshire before to get to a fishing spot, so I think this would be a piece of cake!

That trip in NH is actually what got me addicted to fishing places no one has ever fished from a boat before. There is no access road to this place and the only way to do it is an old fashioned 1 hour walk up a hill carrying the boat. But we caught about six 4lb smallies and a handful of pike, and the workout was totally worth it!

Posted Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:48 am

vtbassnpike

oldfisher

vtbassnpike

Thanks, I think I just saw that BIG ditch on Google Maps! I've walked 1 mile straight up a mountain carrying a canoe with my buddy to a pond in New Hampshire before to get to a fishing spot, so I think this would be a piece of cake!

That trip in NH is actually what got me addicted to fishing places no one has ever fished from a boat before. There is no access road to this place and the only way to do it is an old fashioned 1 hour walk up a hill carrying the boat. But we caught about six 4lb smallies and a handful of pike, and the workout was totally worth it!

you may need to use the kayak to ford the ditch.

Posted Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:04 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links