Looks like I missed out. Sad
Sorry guys, I'll be there for the upper mystic & hopefuly a couple more after that! See you guys soon! Laughing

Posted Mon May 23, 2011 9:31 pm

pocketfisherman

Smoke, I broke a reel too yesterday (2nd time in as many times out). Had to flip the bail close after every cast on BOTH of my reels after that happened. What a pain in the balls that was! Gotta break down and spend some money on some decent reels this year!

You really want to close the bail manually anyways on your spinning reels, to avoid line twist. If you close the bail by reeling, you create additional line twist which is infinitely more of a pain in the ass =)

Posted Mon May 23, 2011 10:36 pm

I bought another reel and ordered parts for the broken one just the same. Thanks for the info though. I don't like fishing with broken gear. We're already at a disadvantage fishing our cartopper against the big boats in the regular tourneys, but we try our best to keep up.

Posted Mon May 30, 2011 2:32 pm

Looks like I missed another good tourney. It's also good to see how tight the tourneys are. It's anybody's to win. Liprippers will be at the Mystics. Hopefully the ramp will be open.

Posted Tue May 31, 2011 6:15 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links