Any of you guys like keeping fishing logs or stats?
Love, the stats page on this forum. But its becoming a little over kill to me to post every trip, just to keep track of my stats.

If so, how do you keep your logs and/or stats?

Posted Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:12 pm

I use the fish finder site along with an app on my android phone called "My Fishing Companion".

I find it very helpful to have a log or journal, especially now with a smart phone. You have so much information at your finger tips and the opportunity to keep record of all kinds of situations. Giving you helpful hints as to whats worked for you in the past and what hasnt in any given situation.

Posted Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:33 pm

When I 1st got seriously into bass fishing ( before the internet) I kept written logs every time I fished. I basically created a master sheet with things like:
Lake name, date, times, weather( cloud cover, temp, wind direction and speed), moon phase, baits, technique, depth, time of catch and weight of catch.
Not sure how much it actually helped me on a given lake the next time I went there since the weather/ time of year was almost never the same but it did give me perspective on how bass behave under a given season and weather conditions. I could apply what I learned to other lakes under similar conditions. Those books are long gone but the general understanding of the info remains stuck in my head.

Posted Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:29 pm

I have a photogeneric memory

Posted Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:11 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links