Oh my..... Never knew that existed

Does anyone here or know anybody that owns one? Or that other ridiculously Wild stallion valiant... Prices are unreal!

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:56 am

i'm surprised chuck doesn't have one.

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:03 am

samf

i'm surprised chuck doesn't have one.

Hard to find a deal on that bad boy or I would.

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:15 am

Holy schnieky!!!!!

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:33 am

Testing out a new loomis flipping stick today after work, prob get skunked

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:53 am

While I'm not a fan of the vegetable sticks, I wouldn't let a review about a broken rod sway me. Rods usually don't usually fail due to defects in the blank, but rather typically fail due to being loaded beyond what they are specified, or more likely due to mishandling damage; and tournament fishermen (as that review was from) are generally the worst.

Line control issues like that mentioned above are sometimes 'fixable' by simply moving the stripping guide a bit further up the rod (it may be too close). There's a fairly simple process for determining where the stripping guide should be placed, but it will vary depending on the reel height and face - so manufacturers often target a nominal value and those at the extremes sometimes suffer. Or you may want to replace all the guides with a set of microwave guides, which will be commonplace on spinning rods in the near future due to their superior capability at tameing the line. A set goes for $30-$50 depending on the material choice.

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:02 pm

What's the point of buying a rod if you gotta change the guides?

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:15 pm

The Crucial Flipping stick I bought from Sam has quickly become one of my favorites. perfect amount of tip and backbone for flipping to heavy cover. Never had a problem with hook sets or being able to get them out of the cover.

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:22 pm

Huh Huh you bought Sam's rod

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:21 pm

shawneramone

What's the point of buying a rod if you gotta change the guides?

Just an option for the guy who said he already bought the rod and it keeps getting tangled up. I also just like to buy cheap and upgrade - they sometimes turn out better than the high-ends and still cost much less. But that's me.

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:19 pm

shawneramone

Cost is always a concern. You forgot the link or to say what rod

Sorry.. St Croix Big Jig rod... The ultimate slop rod

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/St_Croix_Legend_Tournament_Bass_Casting_Rods/descpage-NCLTC.html

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Shawn, Meat will take care of you.
What rod is he hooking you up with?

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:59 pm

chuckh

Shawn, Meat will take care of you.
What rod is he hooking you up with?

Not sure yet. He said he'll be putting in an order soon. Denali has a new series that just came out

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:34 pm

I gotta stop asking you guys for rod advice. It's definitely gonna get me divorced. I remember the days when I thought a rod was a rod and just bought the one that looked cool but was like 40 bucks. CRAP

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Ha ha, just be glad you're not into fly fishing. I just dropped $300 on a used fly rod.

Posted Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:11 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links