I am gonna try and make it for Saturday evening with my son. Hopefully I get to meet some of you guys in person.

Posted Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:23 pm

You already met Sam. It's all down hill from there. Good luck

Posted Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:51 pm

Shawn, I don't know if you realized it but we may be neighbors !

Posted Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:51 pm

i bet he has. he's sort of weird like that...

just look for the guy who can't fit his boat all the way in the garage.

Posted Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:18 pm

My boat fits!!!

Posted Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:22 pm

sounds like a grand ole time I'll try my best to make it

Posted Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:31 pm

Went to the expo friday 2-7. not that bad good variety of fishing stuff. Picked up some new turbo weedless spinners. They look good gotta try them out.
Met and took pic and autograph with mike ianconelli. Cant wait to try bass university.

Expo is def worth it on a free day off. look into it.

Posted Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:52 pm

Just got back home from the expo and it was worth going. I saw those turbo weedless spinners. They looked interesting. Wish I grabbed a few.

Posted Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:53 pm

The expo was a huge disappointment.

I thought there would be more retailers there, but there wasn't and what was, a majority was junk. From an earlier post, no, this was definitely not geared towards hunting. In fact, there was hardly any, minus the charters/camps, and a couple bow booths/activities.

IMO, this was catered to novices who don't regularly fish and/or hunt. It was nice seeing some of the faces in person that visit these pages (including this thread), but outside of that, the expo was nothing special. I got more going to Bass Pro in Foxboro than I did here, minus the admission price. This was a bad expo, with hardly any money invested in it. Maybe it's this region, or the economy, but if anyone is planning on going on Sunday, save your money, it's a waste of time and money.

Posted Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:59 pm

was everyone at the expo asking you for the combo?

Posted Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:14 pm

I liked it.

Posted Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:18 pm

I can see how someone could find it disappointing, its a small show. But that's the just how it is in the Northeast. Fishing shows just aren't going to be that big around here. (Who knew there was bull riding right next door today?) Compared to other shows like the ISE that is touring the West right now this show is peanuts compared to that. For example, not sure where Mass Fisheries got the bass for the demo tank but they were all pretty much 2lbers, if that. 3 weeks ago at the Sacramento ISE California Fisheries shocked a 1/4 mile bank on the Delta for demo tank fish and had 5 fish over 10. Including a 14lber. Would you ever leave the demo tank if there was a 14lb bass in it?

I just enjoy talking with people that share the same passion for fishing that I do. Take it for what it is, a chance to talk fishing on a cold February day. But I will say they should have had a fishing/bull riding ticket package.

Posted Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:37 pm

I thought it was pretty good. Me and Hooligan went on saturday, but i definitely agree, it feels much more directed to newbies, or kids.. which is good, im glad its expanding in the northeast, but id still like to see more advanced stuff. Shocked

Posted Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:10 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links