Got some tin jigs at dicks today!
They had white jigs.
Anybody ever use them. Flipping pitching?

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:53 pm

which dicks? the only ones ive seen at the worcester ones are berkley gripper and strike king jigs, nothing other than lead heads Sad

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:56 pm

The Dicks in saugus had some eagle claw lead free jigs but I barely glanced at them

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:59 pm

Eagle claw jigs. They are tin jigs

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:05 pm

bassturds

Eagle claw jigs. They are tin jigs

what style head? arkie? and do the hooks suck ass or are they the lazer sharp ones? they ought to start making trokar jigs, i know do it sells molds that are designed for trokar jig hooks but they should actually make some in house to sell for those of us that are too lazy to make our own

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:13 pm

I think they are lazer sharp!
Trokar hooks good?

So white jigs they good?

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:29 pm

Hook quality is always important especially when landing bigger fish. I tend to fish darker color jigs, black, blue, brown, green pumpkin ect. For whatever reason I generally use brighter spinnerbait colors, white and chartreuse. Good Luck!

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:18 pm

I use darker jigs.
Might by it and flip it and see what happens

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:00 pm

I throw mostly darker jigs myself as well but when they are hitting a white spinner or buzz I have tossed a white jig in the timber to some success but not the results of a darker jig.

Although a white jig is killer on saltwater stripers,,,, go figure Confused

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:16 pm

White jigs, chartruse trailer.......smallmouth beds.....I hate giving away my secretes

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:02 pm

i also feel like the white jigs could possibly be good for swimming but dont quote me on that and it also depends on the style head they have on them too

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:22 pm

I use them almost exclusively for bed-fishing Quabbin Smallmouths. They are much more visible than dark jigs and enable you to see a strike before you even feel it. White jigs and white curly tail grub. Smaller versions of white jigs and curly tail grubs are also great for Crappies.

Posted Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:10 am

basshunter93

i also feel like the white jigs could possibly be good for swimming but dont quote me on that and it also depends on the style head they have on them too

I agree I have a custom order coming from Jay that are based on a bleeding golden shiner

Posted Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:21 am

I met a guy this winter who swears by white jigs dipped in chartreuse dye/paint. I'm going to give it a try this year.

I've always used dark colors. black, blue, green, brown, etc

Posted Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:57 pm

Using baitfish colors for swim jigs is a great choice.

Posted Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:07 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links