.. stretch of the Charles River? My favorite has to be the Dover/Needham line, between Dover Rd and Willow St! Millis into Medfield isn't bad either.

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:17 pm

I do pretty well in Dedham between Motley Pond and Needham.

Posted Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:41 pm

Dover/Needham and Waltham are my favorite spots to put in. I'd like to spend more time in Watertown my success there hasn't been all that great but believe it's worth the effort. Haven't tried Dedham at all and probably should. Don’t even know where to put in (any suggestions for a car-topper)? Norfolk/Medway at Populatic Lake can be good during spring and early summer but been a while since I’ve fished it.

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:23 am

There is a canoe launch area at Millennium Park. I also see cartoppers load in at the small building along VFW Parkway across from the VA Hospital. There is another possible cartopper launch further up river along Route 1 across from the Dedham Mall, it's another small brick building where the Mother Brook comes in.

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:33 pm

berkleegrad

There is a canoe launch area at Millennium Park. I also see cartoppers load in at the small building along VFW Parkway across from the VA Hospital. There is another possible cartopper launch further up river along Route 1 across from the Dedham Mall, it's another small brick building where the Mother Brook comes in.

Posted Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:47 pm

i love Red Wing Bay on Needham/Dover Town Lines and Medfield/Millis is my 2nd favorite.Gonna hit Waltham,Norumbego Road Sat morning really early before the tourists show up.

Posted Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:27 am

In terms of safety, what areas do I need to watch out for dams or other fun hazards on the stretches above Waltham?

Posted Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:23 am

above waltham do you mean watertown dam area towards brighton? if you launch in brighton, you can pretty much make it up to the watertown square area. not many hazards i know of except a big sand bar on the left past the marina. you'll see it for sure.

waltham launch - not much that you won't see i don't think. and they pulled weeds recently. if you go right, there's that sandbar to the left of the bridge and a few stumps on the right but they're pretty visible.

i was on the waltham stretch earlier this year and it was the usual.

Posted Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:12 pm

berkleegrad

There is a canoe launch area at Millennium Park. I also see cartoppers load in at the small building along VFW Parkway across from the VA Hospital.

Fished the river a lot over the past 10 years, and would be embarrass to say how many times I've fished the river the last two years.

Lately I like the Millennium park area, the water around there can only be inches deep at some spots. Which keeps the fishing pressure sown. Some big girls hang around there. But I'm a sucker for the lower basin. Its not for everyone, and can be a really tough place to fish. But thats what I like about it.

Posted Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:50 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links