does any body know what the bass are biting cuz i am going out for the first time this year on open water with my new boat and i want it to be good

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Lipless cranks through the coves. Rip it through the grass or weeds. Jigs, grubs and shakey heads on cover. Jerks baits as well.

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:36 pm

Just don't have great expectations Exclamation Fishing is tough right now, water temp. is only around 40. If you do find any fish, stay with them because they are schooled up right now. Good Luck Exclamation

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:37 am

Fish small and/or shallow ponds.
Shallow ponds warm up faster.
Especially on a warm sunny afternoon.
They can be a few degrees warmer.

Stained water and muddy bottom is better cuz they will attract sunlight and warm up!

Smaller ponds its easier to find fish!!

I've been catchin them on jigs.
Caught a big gal on a wake bait yesterday up shallow.

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:29 am

me and my buddy killed em them yesterday we found a school of fish between the 1 and 2 pound range right off the shore it was a good drop and we were probably fishing the 20 foot range because every fish was white with dark black spots. i was using a drop shot and i caught 8 fish and my buddy was using a shakyhead and caught about 3 fish. i would make a long cast and let the drop shot hit the bottom and let the bait just slowly sink down to the bottom and just sit there and wait to see my line jump. they didnt want anything moving fast and that was fishing in clear water but you can probably pick some fish up in the 6 to 10 foot range using a jerkbait with long pauses.

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:13 am

I'm just a bit confused about your description. You had a drop shot rigged with live bait? And you let the bait settle to the bottom instead of keeping off the bottom as you normally would with a drop shot?

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:28 am

no i was using an soft plastic but was just letting it settle on the bottom barely working it i would just let the worm sink to the bottom and lift it back up but keeping the weight in the same spot

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:47 am

Thanks for clarifying. Great info.

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:11 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links