Whats the best way to catch lake trout from the shore right now on the summer months? is it possible? which gate? lures and bait types?
Any tips would be helpful, I've been meaning to go down there for some small mouth and would love to try and also get a laker. thanks

Posted Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:36 pm

You have to be in DEEEP water. Gate 8 or Gate 10 and of course the Rook. We got a 9 lb laker last week at gate 8. We use Big Kivas or Yellow Perch if we can catch them on the bottom 2nd week of September the Chu should be back in Fall swing, the Spring was great.

Posted Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:37 am

Was with muskie at gate 8. Seemed like a great spot. I hit Scar Hill rd this past weekend and got my 1st fish from the Chu. Ready to hit a laker though!

Posted Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:09 pm

The Lakers will be calling your name this fall AEM and we will even Bait your Hooks for ya Go Fish

Posted Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:00 pm

thanks for the help, now how about rigging the bait? same as chunkin for stripers on the beach? I have also heard use shiners on the bottom, any tips on how to rig that? thanks

Posted Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:04 pm

Muskie showed us the set up.Snap on slider with big weight tie on 12-14 in leader hook a kiva(sunfish) cast it out leave bail open hold string back with an elastic so you know when fish bites and they don't feel any resistance.I was also with Muskie on the 9lb laker adventure had a bite on my pole but fish dropped the bait before I had a chance to even try to set hook but Muskie promised to provide me with my first Laker and also a Muskie and Pike if I behave myself!Ha ha.

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Oh and don't forget to bring your patience that place can be tough but if you get lucky you will be well rewarded.Sometimes you will spend 5hrs and not catch a thing.

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:10 pm

muskie is promising quite a bit, you a laker and baiting my hook. He keeps it up and he might the proud new owner of a purty pink pole! lol

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:38 pm

Ha ha

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:54 pm

it sure sounds like muskie is laker king up there i got the smallies down between the two of us this fall feed could break some records that`s the allure of this mysterious big water you just never know how big the fish on the other end will be you hook some fish it almost rips the rod outa your hands then it`s gone just like that i like to think it`s one of those 30+ lakers lurking in that place

Posted Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Thanks guys I have had a pretty gooood run at the Chu And the Fall is almost here. And as far as Your Pink Barbie Rods go, I would put up my Spidermans Rods any day hahahahahaha

Posted Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:50 am

Couldn't do that to you. The Spiderman pole is sacred! LOL. Ready to get back out there. Plus, we need a trip to the Sud soon!

Posted Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:31 am

I might be looking for an ass whipping on Saturday morning hahahahaha

Posted Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:58 am

Wish I could this weekend. I have family coming in from out of town.

Posted Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:52 pm

...and here I was thinking I had WON the barbie rod...I must interject my opinion of the great and powerful 'CHU...let me first say that I am very luck to have THE best fishing partner, and any good fortune I have had at wachusett I owe to him, and in turn the guys who took him in and passed on their knowledge. It's not always trophy day, and there is truly no guarantee of a fish, let alone a bite; but the walk, whether long, longer, and Oh my goodnes long, it's worth it every time. The first Laker I ever caught my brother turns and says "I think its a Laker, I've never seen one so small." CB

Posted Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:18 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links