Last but not least, believe in this place!!! If you have hardship to catch anything in the beginning, that's the way it is. When I go there I have the confidence that I will catch something. There is no quantity there, but quality. If you are looking for 30 some fish a day, this is the wrong place. I was skunked couple times last year in the end of the season but I managed to catch one nice one on the closing date which is my icon picture.

Catch and Release the big smallie as always to keep this place fishy. Very Happy

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Thanks to this thread all I can think of is hitting up Wachusett this weekend Razz

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:09 pm

I don't know of any "signs" and I wouldn't give up my spots over there...I never see a soul where we go in and wouldn't expect to(you'd have to be a local or you'd NEVER find 'em)
.......I can see the millions and millions of ticks I let loose in there last year aren't doing there jobs keepin' people outta there though(they're all fired next week)
...ya see...this is how urban legends are born though ...one nit-wit says "Tick infested" and soon enough "did you hear about the zombies at the wachusett res?"...I might give up those spots in trade for a new Striper Rig...nothing less...and to stay on topic...I got a fair deal of LARRYz outta there in just the 4-5 times I was there. . .weedless & wacky Yamamotos worked GREAT !

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:53 pm

riverrat82

...ya see...this is how urban legends are born though ...one nit-wit says "Tick infested"

This is a common statement being made on other fishing sites Exclamation I can't speak from firsthand experience as I have never fished there Exclamation Just stated it as a heads up so that makes me a "nitwit" Question Do you want to debate the lead issue again Question

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:20 pm

This is a common statement being made on other fishing sites Exclamation I can't speak from firsthand experience as I have never fished there Exclamation Just stated it as a heads up so that makes me a "nitwit" Question Do you want to debate the lead issue again Question[/quote]
no...please...no more lead...and if there's a God...no more "a car-topper is"...no more debate of any nature on my side EVER...a waste of keystrokes...how ever since I was quoted my response is this...I like The Wachusett Res...alot...And for the smaller of the two "BIG BOYS" it's a little bit easier to fish,although, I feel the Quabbin is KING....and since I'm a smart ass most of my waking moments...I'll put this out there... I won't be throwing lead in either hahaha. . .and like I said earlier...chiggers are a b**** to get out once they're under your flesh...I suggest the product with the highest possible DEET level that one can stomach...I've noticed a really good dousing of one's favorite fishing shoes can go a long way to keeping pests down n out. . .and allows ya t' use less on your person...

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:45 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links