Where is the access to north end don't live far from there but have never fished it just started carpin funny people call it a garbage fish but they put up a hell of a fight I still haven't caught one kept snapping my 6lb trout line lol up graded to a carp reel that has braided 30lb but haven't really tried for them yet do they start hitting when the water gets warmer?Figure I will switch around from bass to carp in the summer.

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:30 pm

Really digging this sight if you go to Quin post a trip those directions to the Chu were spot on large bodies of water are tough to fish blind who has that kind of time I'm not retired yet and fish off shore a lot have a john boat but kind of a pain taking it out alone friends are on diff schedule than me.

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:34 pm

Blackstone fishes for carp all year long. He has pictures and videos of the fish he has caught in the dead of winter....He is a hardcore carp fisherman. So it really all depends on what you are in the mood to target. Carps are mostly a bait and wait fish. Whereas bass are more about finding them and making a good presentation for the hook up.

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:38 pm

I find bass to be lazy sometimes you have to be lucky and hit them off the head precision casting and knowing were to throw it is usually the key for bass

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:43 pm

I know of a couple spots in touched by ice in the winter fished for carp a couple times but I'd rather be out on the ice. Next year if we get sOme ice here in Worcester I'm going to try pulling one through the ice

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:45 pm

Need a big hole for Carp thru the ice. I guess dead shinners at Lake Ripple works for Carp. Cant imagine the fight be hand with one of those tuna's....

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:41 pm

Rumor has it that a 41 inch laker was caught at wachusett the other day, should have been the state record but it was released.
Caught on a kastmaster

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:57 am

it was 39 + 17 lbs i know the Guy state record is 24 lbs
What a fish he said In fact its gonna be on his wall soon

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:00 am

Any idea where that was caught. Def heading to the res Sunday morning with some kivas and perch went the other day making it my second skunk now

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:00 am

The Res is tuff to fish. Don't get discouraged, You will get your fish if you put in your time..

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:45 am

They must be hitting those Kastmasters thats what the guy caught his off when I was there I lost both mine got snagged on rock and one on someone elses line next time i'm there i'm going to walk in water and get one of them back it was right next to shore to cold that day lol!

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:09 pm

That's my goal I have been going every chance I get. Nice to be working ten minutes away and living right in Worcester. Just wish I had more time can't wait to get on as a fire fighter I'll have all the time in the world for a 27 year old. Once I retire though I think I'll go for another boat and trolling gear for the quabbin. Maybe get something for ocean use to.

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:12 pm

Ha ha 27 and already thinking of retirement.I want to get a summer house something right on the water maybe up in Maine somewhere I have a lot of cousins who live up there and the fishing is awesome!Good luck hope you get on firehouse soon.I live right next to Hopkinton res not the greatest place to fish but decent fish now and then got lucky and got a 6+lb bass this year but 5 min up road get out of work at 5 get good 2hrs in whenever I have time and learning more about the lake and where the fish go every day.

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:50 pm

Hell yea thinking already life goes bye way to quick plan on selling my house in ten years and moving down on quinsig or flint pond in a nice house. Wife's cousins live on quinsig now kept my boat there last year but sold that before winter. We are always out in the summer wakeboarding there. Summer fishing on that lake sucks big time

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:58 pm

I have a friend that has a boat lives on the Shrewsburry side but he doesn't even fish it is a sin I tell yah!

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:49 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links