I see a lot of compelling videos on YouTube for Viper spoons. I can't find them in any of the local fishing haunts. Do any MAFF members have experience with them?

Posted Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:17 am

I googled this lure and here is my opinion:

You can build a similar lure for a lot less, just go to jahnsnetcraft.

The lure as is from the manufacturer is not legal to fish in this state because it uses 3 hooks (MA only allows 2).

Even if you could fish this lure as is, it would make catch and release fishing difficult at best, imagine trying to unhook a fish with all three hooks stuck in him. Forget about using this lure from a kayak as it might cause you to roll the boat if the fish struggles during unhooking.

That is just my opinion of this lure.

Posted Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:13 am

It's certainly fine to use in the ocean and I'm not so sure that the two hook limit applies to a single lure in fresh either. What about 4 inch Rapala's with triple treble hooks? What about umbrella rigs? I believe the hook limit refers to long-lining and multiple rods. But I could wrong Confused

Posted Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:03 pm

I dont have any experience with them but I picked up a SP4 and a 3oz. Boa Jig'r for some Lake Trout and Salmon fishing at the end of this month. Ill be sure to tell you how they do.

Posted Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:14 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links