going in a few days.. anyone been??

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:13 am

Yes, I did fish there. Nice spot but not the best place. Tend to be gun and run spot for me.

try to fish hump right before you enter the guts. I think it was 10-15 feet deep. not sure. but there are huge bass sitting there sometimes. had pulled 5 pounder out that hump. after that, three trips, none bass like that size.

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:35 am

Yeah I've fished there. It's kind of a last resort place for me to fish. I only go in there when the wind is really blowing and kicking up the waves on the big lake. You can pound docks, fish 10' weed lines or frog and worm the acres and acres of reeds. The western entrance is rocky and holds smallies around the rip rap.

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks for the couple posts.. Gotta tell ya though. One of the best places i've ever fished. 3-5 pounders everyday. largies and smallies. 50+ fish a day. best trip ever!!!

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:50 am

I was up there all last week. My wife and I caught so many fish throughout the week.... we did alot of run and gun during the week ... did well through the Alburgh Passage including around the rte 2 bridge as well as around the most of the Islands of the Inland Sea.

In the Gut we pulled a bunch of smallies from the west entrance ..... right in the channel entrance as well as to the sides on both the east and west of the breakwaters. My wife caught her PB smallie just east of the channel. We also caught some good size Larry's and Sally's on the south shore to the East of the Marina at east entrance to the Gut.

We also had a great week up there... the weather was awesome! We cut it one day short as a south wind was blowing 40mph on Saturday so we headed home earlier than plan.

Posted Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:26 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links