Does anybody have one of these? Reviews?

Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:44 pm

some pretty alarming reviews on tackle warehouse.

Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:32 pm

I don't like alarming. When are you getting a tackle warehouse sponsorship?

I just read the reviews. Scratch that one off the list

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:24 am

stuff goes on sale there for only 1 reason... ok 2. discontinued and it SUCKS

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:34 am

Hmmm I'm starting to sense some hostility

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:36 am

DONT buy one!!!!! They are terrible.I purchased the carrot wild black in a spinning.They first eyelet is way to small the line bunches up coming off the real to the eyelets

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:52 am

Talking about rods (yes Shawn I said ROD) I saw some field and stream brand rods on sale at Dicks ( yea I know) for very short money. $24.00! Yes they are two piece which I really dont care too much for but who can pass up a RED ROD for $24.00? Any way, I purchased one 7 foot medium for spinning and it actually is pretty good. Might be worth a try, just sayin Cool

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:12 am

You can defiantly find something better for the price....

What were you looking to use a x heavy for?

Punching heavy cover etc or big baits?

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:36 am

Lol red rod!!! I've had terrible luck with the field and stream rods. Yes I'm looking for a rod for heavy cover. angry meat is gonna hook me up with Denali. I saw this carrot stix and was wondering if it were worth it. Guess not.

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:42 am

If cost is not a concern. This rod in the 7'3" extra heavy fast ( big jig rod) is THE BEST heavy cover rod. Fact not opinion

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:59 am

Cost is always a concern. You forgot the link or to say what rod

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:00 am

1 XH may be different from another. 1 H may be different as well. a kistler H is very different than a Powell H with the powell being much stouter and stronger for example.

i have a 7'2" XH / F powell for heavy cover frogs. it wouldn't be ideal for other heavy cover applications.

if you are going to be pitching to heavy cover rather than casting, you want an actual flipping stick and a lot of companies have specific lines of flipping sticks.

they are designed specifically for the application. from the taper to the point where the tip shuts down. you don't necessarily want a broom stick or an XF tip since that impacts the pitching, flipping, and hook set but you want something that shuts down and has a lot of backbone. its designed specifically in mind for pitching and flipping vs. casting. the first guide is usually further out which is useful for true flipping.

7'6" Heavy / Fast is pretty standard. the extra length makes a difference in how easy it is to pitching at further distances.

don't skimp out. look at the components, how the rod balances, and it's best to try them out if possible.

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:18 am

Now's not the time to skimp out Shawn.
Black Jungle Super Red Demon.
Go for it!!!

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:32 am

Taking donations

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:34 am

no way i'd ever spend that much on a rod.

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:52 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links