Tony and I headed out in the rain today to try and continue the hot streak we have been on. We hit 2 ponds between 7 am and 2pm. At the 1st pond it was still raining from the morning thunder storms but the L and T had stopped. We launched and the conditions screamed SWIMBAITS so thats what we did. Almost right away we were getting blow ups on my own baits, but we missed on our 1st few opportunities. About 1/3 the way down this one shoreline I tossed out the golden perch color. after a slow wake for 2-3 reel handle turns I started to crank it. About the 4th reel turn into my crankdown the rod archs over...... BIG FISH!!!! I get her to clear the weeds and Tony nets her for me. Put her on 2 different scales and she weighed 7lb 8 ounces on both. A new PB for me by 2 ounces. I gather myself and finnaly stop shaking and we are back to fishing. We get about 1/2 way around the pond, I throw the perch next to a weed clump, crawl it a couple cranks..... SUCK DOWN. This time shes a 5.1. Tony catches a smaller high 2 low 3 on the swimbait as that bite slows as the rain stops and it starts to brighten out. We switch to punching gear and Tony flips to a mat and sets hard on a good fish.... Tony is on the board with a punch fish at 5.2 lbs .It got quiet for a while so we switched back to swimbaits and I got a small keeper. After another hour with nothing to show we went back to punching and I was rewarded with a 4.1lber of my own. We miss a couple big bites and catch a few 2 lbers and decide to move on to pond 2. Same type as pond 1. weedy matted edges with some open water as well. We were short on time so we power punched our way around the pond in about an hour. We put another half dozen 2 lbers in the boat and tony connects with his 2nd good fish of the day...another 4 lber. We called it quits at 2. WE boated about 15 bass with the best 5 coming in at over 26lbs
,[img]http:,//www.mafishfinder.com/users/s/stratos1966/photos/1378083626_VbyGu3reI.jpg[/img]
,[img]http:,//www.mafishfinder.com/users/s/stratos1966/photos/1378083726_pPmvEsAxb.jpg[/img]

Last edited by stratos1966 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:02 pm

Another epic trip and you got to catch a pb on your homemade swimbait. Does it get any better?

Posted Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:08 pm

wow, you are killing it rich. congrats on the PB.

Posted Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:41 pm

NICE! Congrats on the great day.

Posted Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:50 pm

unbelievable i guess i better buy one off ya haha

Posted Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:07 am

LOL stratos start your own company and beat MS!! That bait looks awesome!!!

Posted Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:47 am

Rich, Awesome write up, real enjoyable to read about a stellar day like that and CONGRATS on a great day on the water and your PB LM!
What a beautiful fish.

Mike and Mikey
(FishnGolf)
Go Fish

Posted Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:17 pm

Sounds like a day to remember.Nice fish guys.

Posted Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Outstanding job Rich and Tony. Nice write up and congrats on your personal best!

Posted Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Awesome job! congrats on the pb hog!!!

Posted Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:30 pm

Thanks everyone. I was stoked when I caught her. I really appreciate the positive comments. keep em coming I am an attention W*%$#

Posted Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:27 am

Outstanding trip!!!!!

Posted Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:28 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links