Anyone fish here.. we trucked through the woods and tried this weekend, only caught small bass.. all under 2.. anyone know anything about this pond.. are they stunted? there are bait fish everywhere.. and it's crystal clear.. grass and structure every where so I assume the larger ones were hiding deep... I need a fish finder to find the drop offs i guess.. any advice on this pond.

Posted Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:23 am

mrsdano

Anyone fish here.. we trucked through the woods and tried this weekend, only caught small bass.. all under 2.. anyone know anything about this pond.. are they stunted? there are bait fish everywhere.. and it's crystal clear.. grass and structure every where so I assume the larger ones were hiding deep... I need a fish finder to find the drop offs i guess.. any advice on this pond.

It's in the Pinehills area.. someone has to have fished this pond.. there were other crazy 4wd people out there some with trailers..

Posted Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:48 pm

I ve have fished it years ago when there was only Smallie's in there...Now the Lg mouths took over you can't find a Smallie anymore..But there are some damn nice lg mouth there...I fished it a few years ago with Strato's he does well in there with jigs..

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:04 am

zspook1

I ve have fished it years ago when there was only Smallie's in there...Now the Lg mouths took over you can't find a Smallie anymore..But there are some damn nice lg mouth there...I fished it a few years ago with Strato's he does well in there with jigs..

thank for letting me know.. i usually only top water fish in dirty water.. this place is crystal clear.. i'll throw some jigs and senko's next time.. through a few swim baits but only caught on the frogs in the 1st cove...
glad to see i'm not the only crazy 4wd person on here..

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:15 am

I know what you mean about clear water ponds..I don't care for them either..I fish mostly shallow pond also with dark water...Maybe you should try Great Island at night or late in the evening when the sun is going down..Then maybe you'll pick up some on the top..

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:15 pm

It's a funny pond. Lots of fish up shallow in spring but then those fish are hard to find in the summer and fall. There is significant weeds all the way up the other end from the launch. That is where I do best in summer. Also to the right of the island out in the middle

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:27 pm

Oh I love to fish there if the road in wasn't so bad.The cove to the left is the best.Pads ,weeds and lots of bass.Best in spring spawn.Fish the laydowns on both banks all the way down.Points and dropoffs can be good too.Lots of rocks around the island that can also hold fish.Grass holds a lot of fish also.My best fish there was a 5.6 lm.on a bed.I used to get some reasonable smallies off the rocks at the other end.The dirt bikes made the road so bad I don't risk the ride in anymore unless we had dry weather.Great fishing early april,one of the first ponds to warm up and start bass spawning.

Posted Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links