So I picked up a can of spike it uv blast tonight to try out , anyone have any luck with this stuff? Or not so much luck but any consistent success that you think can be attributed to it? I've only ever used it once when a friend let me spray some on a 5" money minnow but I didn't catch anything that day. I know lots of fish use uv spectrum to track bait but it's debatable wether or not bass see this spectrum of light. If I start to see a noticeable difference in my bites I will be stocking up and spraying everything with it but I was curious about your opinions. Thanks

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:37 pm

In the famous words of "The Great and Powerful Stratos" colors are for the fisherman , not the fish.... The lure first catches the fisherman before it catches the fish.

And I've never seen a glow in the dark crayfish?

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:36 am

Plenty of bait species reflect uv light, bluegill being one.the spray itself is clear to the human eye but has a faint blueish glow if held under a uv light. Have you tried it before?

Last edited by bassinbrooksy on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:14 am

sinista

In the famous words of "The Great and Powerful Stratos" colors are for the fisherman , not the fish.... The lure first catches the fisherman before it catches the fish.

Thats like word for word..... scary!!!

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:14 am

i use spike it sometimes. but more for the scent or a little bit of color, nothing wild. i've been to places where the bass have crawfish pincers sticking out of their mouths and the craws were brown and the pincers had a punch of orange on the tips.

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:17 am

stratos1966

sinista

Thats like word for word..... scary!!!

Hahaha I knew you were lurking in the background somewhere!

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:44 am

Yeah I use spike it dip n glow on soft plastics when I see the need for a little extra color or garlic lol

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:09 am

bassinbrooksy

Yeah I use spike it dip n glow on soft plastics when I see the need for a little extra color or garlic lol

to answer your previous question, no I have never used it, Im really basic when I fish, I probablly throw the same 3 plastics in the same 3 colors 99% of the time year round

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:17 am

black, brown, green. can't go wrong.

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:07 pm

samf

Black/Blue, Green, no brown for me, but I heard Stratos uses it???

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:10 pm

samf

Agreed. Any color will work to catch fish as long as its black Wink

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:08 pm

So I sprayed a couple coats on a metallic bleeding shad rattle trap lastnight and fished a little before work today and to my pleasant surprisei cought a tennis ball lol. Fought like a fish on my little collapsable caster rod . Stupid polluted ass indian lake. Thought I had a nice crappie or big bluegill until I got it to shore lol.

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:20 pm

at least you know it works

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:23 pm

I don't believe in scent's or anything like that, unless it's SLOW finesse fishing, but if it gives you confidence go for it!

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Well I like to take a tried and true tech.ique and add science to the equation to see if its possible to make said technique better or more consistant if possible. Whatever gives me n edge. Plus I work second shift and have my 2 yr old at ome with me before work so I do ALOT of night fishing so I like to experiment with stuff. I know the moon and stars reflect a lot of uv light down into relatively clear water so I got the stuff in the hopes it might make my lures a little easier to home in on at 1 in the morning lol

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:28 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links