Does anyone know of a good lake or pond for some musky fishing? I've tried spy pond in Arlington and lake masachupee and to my surprise nothing!! Help a brother out lol

Posted Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:56 pm

I think they discontinued the stocking program a while ago. Might be tough to catch one. Incase you hadn't already checked, this should be a link to everywhere they put tiger muskies and pike. I don't think tiger muskies can reproduce though, they are not a naturally occurring fish.

http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dfg/dfw/hunting-fishing-wildlife-watching/fishing/license-types-and-fees.html

Posted Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:12 pm

Tiger muskies are an infertile cross between pike and muskie so they cannot reproduce. According to Maryland DNR the maximum lifespan is about twenty-five to thirty years, though it is usually much shorter.

Posted Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:17 pm

The tiger muskellunge is a carnivorous fish and is the usually sterile, hybrid offspring of the true muskellunge (Esox masquinongy) and the northern pike (Esox lucius). It lives in freshwater and its range extends to Canada, the Northeast and the Midwest parts of the United States. It grows quickly; in one study tiger muskie grew 1.5 times as fast as muskellunge. Trophy specimens weigh about 30 pounds. Its main diet is fish and small birds. The tiger muskie and the muskie are called the fish of ten thousand casts due to the challenge involved in catching them.

I've seen them caught, but never by me unfortunately Sad . Good luck in your quest!

Posted Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:29 pm

best bet is always ice fishing for them. There are definitely some still in spy. I had one take my lure 5 feet from the boat last year.

Posted Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Lake chauncey in westboro has them may have had one bite one time but have never seen one caught rare fish in these parts

Posted Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:43 pm

They catch tigers every year through the ice at Pontoosuc or Onota out near Pittsfield. Don't seem to be too many in the Northeast.

There are lots of places in NY that are a good bet, depending how far you want to travel. St. Lawrence river is loaded with them, but it's not close to anything.

Posted Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:46 pm

I'd be happy with just a regular musky let alone a tiger. Kman anytime you wanna go let me know maybe I just don't know where there hiding lol thanks for all the responses maybe ill try New York next year or Canada lol

Posted Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:38 am

The Musky are about to hit the Rut, Pike are just about out of it. They miss each other by about 2 -3 weeks, which does allow for the Tigers to come into the world naturally!!! Woooooo ZZZZ ZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZ That's your line, hold on and PRAY!! Chauncey yes, Indian still has them, Spy in Arlington but I would hit Pontoosuc, even with out ICE or if your Familair with Lake Quinsig, old timers say thats where they are...

Posted Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:15 pm

I heard there in lake masscupic, but I don't kno how true that is,I also heard there's walleye and bowfin, but I can't even pull a bass out that damnd lake let alone any of them cool fish,I would love to catch one tho, iv never caught a pike or musky

Posted Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:22 pm

Yea I tried masachupic too. Plenty of bass in there I think it was last stocked with musky in 05. ( as I was in Iraq ) I was never afforded the opportunity to try catching some good old farm raised boys

Posted Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:55 pm

I'm going to be on a musky quest this weekend in Greenwood Lake in NJ/NY...bringing my inshore rod and swimbaits...I bet they're deep with this 90* weather.

Posted Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:14 pm

If anyone is serious about musky or northern fishing goto the Niagara river in western new York. I have caught many 40-50 inch musky and a a lot of northerns. We actually caught a 40 something inch musky fishing for walleyes on lake erie last week. No pictures or official length as I didn't want that slimy thing getting my boat dirty lol. Let me know I can can recommend a good guide.

Posted Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:28 am

I actually fished right next to this boat couple of years ago for salmons/trouts. But THIS GUIDE are definitely TOP PROFESSIONAL than television or whatever or even better catching on muskies than muskie tournaments.

Its "sign man" charter boat and "lone wolf" charter boat out of 1000 island in New York.

I did occasionally seen "Sign Man" boat out there and banging every trip that I have seen that boat. Meanwhile "Lone Wolf" boat, I only saw that boat once and banged nice size muskie.

Go google for Sign man charters. Capt. Rich Clarke... YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED! Just look at his album and you will poop your pant! cuz he catching that giants fish in lake!

When I have enough money to spend, I'll definitely go this Sign man charter boat! no question!

Posted Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:54 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links