I have been looking into trying out a swim jig have any of you guys tried them they look real nice. I was just wondering if its one of thoose deals were it catches fisherman than fish

Posted Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:34 pm

I almost exclusively use swim jigs

Posted Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:03 pm

i second that ^

*you dont have to swim a swim jig to catch fish*

Posted Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Alright I can't wait to go out on the pond and give it a shot

Posted Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:58 pm

I'll third it. I love throwing them. Still looking for my favorite jig head.

Posted Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:21 pm

thelucky

I find that next to impossible. Been trying to keep what I need to a minimum of brand/model/sizes. I've found that theres too many that are ideal in certain situations. Some better for docks, others weeds, other certain types of weeds, then rocks. Just no winning. Best all around jig head for casting jigs I have found is the Outkast Tackle SwimJig head. Looks generic but comes through just about anything where other very similar ones have failed.

Posted Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Speaking of heads I have some booyah jigs would that work just to start with ?

Posted Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:35 pm

jcotier

thelucky

I find that next to impossible. Been trying to keep what I need to a minimum of brand/model/sizes. I've found that theres too many that are ideal in certain situations. Some better for docks, others weeds, other certain types of weeds, then rocks. Just no winning. Best all around jig head for casting jigs I have found is the Outkast Tackle SwimJig head. Looks generic but comes through just about anything where other very similar ones have failed.

i love the outkast finesse jig. 5/16 oz.

Posted Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:52 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links