whats the primary forage in the clear water lakes in plymouth.
do we have gizzard shad and thredfin?? i dont think we do

i think its just baby yellow perch and shiners

yesterday i found out my favorite smallie spot.

im trying to learn the primary forage and study their habits so i can pattern the bait fish.
and then find the bass

its clear and deep.

Posted Mon May 27, 2013 9:29 am

yellow and white perch.

Posted Mon May 27, 2013 10:15 am

Bassturds - that pond is your favorite for smallies are depend on yellow/white perch for sure. Even we did caught one each of them. Perch are suspend fish in deep waters. sometimes come up to shore in search for foods.

the secret: how to find big bass. They are tend to sitting on slope or dropoff. because it is easily for them to get meals instead waste energy to chase for foods. However, they get that big because they aren't dumb like small fish does nor you expect them to be. You just need to figure out how to trick them out to bite your hook. Like as I did but I failed to maintain bass to stay on hook when they jumped. (It is proven that big lure equal big fish. But I always believe small meal will flip them out if they have chance to attack it. Like as my 9.5lbs largemouth bass did on one inch inline spinner.)

If we bring fish finder, you will find them in middle column of deep hole easily. Meanwhile monster bass tend to hang bottom or chasing them. (I have fishfinder, so, we can use it to your spot. when I finish customize it.)

FYI, I just found out what weight I was throwing on tubes, it was 1/4oz. meanwhile your weight was probably 1/16 or something. that's why you couldn't felt any bites on second day.

next trip, we will killing them!

Posted Mon May 27, 2013 7:49 pm

Thinking of getting a live target yellow perch!!!

Just for this spot. I wana slay em here

Posted Mon May 27, 2013 8:28 pm

don't ruin that spot dudes

Posted Tue May 28, 2013 6:55 am

samf

don't ruin that spot dudes

thats why we havent said any names.

trying to keep this spot hidden. im sure you know it!
BUT SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted Tue May 28, 2013 7:28 am

Posted Tue May 28, 2013 8:08 am

The main forage for smallies on the Cape & Plymouth area would have to be yellow perch and crayfish IMO.

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 2:41 pm

Yea i agree most ponds have similar food sources except for a couple.... Very Happy

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 4:29 pm

herring in the spring? lots of ponds in the cape have herring run through em.

Posted Thu May 30, 2013 10:57 pm

I wish lakes around here had threading and gizzard shad!!!

Posted Fri May 31, 2013 8:59 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links