I was their recently in my kayak tossing a little laserlure crankbait right next to thick cover I hooked up to a massive bass that got away and a pretty respectable pickerel.

Anyways what would be good to toss in their?

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 3:46 pm

dark jigs with trailer
senko worms
weedless frogs

all of the above will catch you fish. Btw, I think sampson pond is the body of water where the largest bass in massachusetts was caught Smile

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 4:43 pm

The state record wasn't caught in sampsons. It was caught Ina different pond

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 7:03 pm

It is recorded as the place the largest bass in massachusetts was caught but their are beliefs that the bass was really caught somewhere else.

I go by the books though.

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Anyone have a guess on the weight of that pickerel? I didn't have my scale.

Photo quality is bad because I had to take a picture of the picture because I didn't have my camera.

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 9:40 pm

That pikerel is probably around 1-2.8. Doubt that goes higher that weight. I caught one last sunday, weight between 4.8-5 pounds by 28 inch long.

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 9:58 pm

you kinda opened yourself up to get insulted by asking us to "guess the weigt " lol cause none of us on here are ever going to agree nor will any of us say it weighs what you might think it weighs but judging by your photo i would agree with mark and say probably around the 2 1/2 to 3 lb range which in its own is a respectable pickerel seeing as how most of the ones friends and i have cought have hovered around the 2 lb range occasionally going up into the 3ish range so definately a nice fish but realistically an average fish. id be happy with it regardless :/

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 10:14 pm

just as a size comparison this was a 2 and a half fish .

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 10:17 pm

Wasn't trying to open myself up for insult.

I didn't have my scale so I have no clue what the wait is I just wanted opinions on what range it could be in. Figured guys who appreciate fishing as much as I do would be able to eyeball size and be relatively close.

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 10:20 pm

dannyboy1802

Wasn't trying to open myself up for insult.

I didn't have my scale so I have no clue what the wait is I just wanted opinions on what range it could be in. Figured guys who appreciate fishing as much as I do would be able to eyeball size and be relatively close.

and no insult was directed towards you just so you know lol, i just said it cause usually whenever someone starts a post with "guess the weight" it usually turns into a 15 page heated debate and many feelings wind up getting hurt lol. but yeah id say 2 and a half to 3 lb range without actually seeing it in person

Posted Thu May 23, 2013 10:25 pm

I don't weigh pickerel.I don't even like catching them,hahaha

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 4:16 am

That looks about 20-21 inches long if your hands are average width. I have some charts that tell me it was 1.8 - 2.1 lbs. Pretty respectable, and I like catching anything... including pickerel Smile

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 1:05 pm

Add a trip, using the "fishing hotspot" for your picture next time. It will track your stats under your profile. I like tracking my catches on this site.

Posted Fri May 24, 2013 1:10 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links