Looking for suggestions on the south shore for a pond (hoping loaded with LMB) that is only for elec. motor or no motor.. sick of getting pushed around the larger ponds with super fast boat and their wake and Jet ski's... they make is so hard for the smaller guys to fish.. PLEASE

Last edited by mrsdano on Tue May 14, 2013 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Theresa, you've been a member for a year and this is only your second post?

There are lots of folks here that feel the same as you, many of them on the south shore. Do you need trailer access or can you portage in with a cart?

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 4:05 pm

We carry our jon boat.. heavy as it is.. haven't invested in a dolly, have a trailer that needs some work.. would like to not have to carry it more than 20 feet...

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 4:14 pm

There are a few places along the Charles you could launch that have parking at the launch, Waltham at Woerd Ave and also in Brighton. But of course you asked specifically about the south shore so let's see what those guys have to say.

Posted Mon May 13, 2013 4:39 pm

Mill pond in wareham. Good sized water, great fish, some big boats but plenty of places to hide out. Glen charlie also in wareham, lake sabatia and winnecunnet in taunton. Lake reco in taunton at the state forest( there are others in the forest as well) ferrings pond in myles standinsh state forest. I have a crawdad, i feel your pain

Posted Tue May 14, 2013 6:42 am

A lot of cape ponds with small horse power limits.Check mass outdoors for a list and location.Little Long Pond Plymouth is no gas,used to be good fishing there but the last couple of times it was off.Lake Winthrop is no gas and has some great fish.I think it's in Millis.

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 4:09 am

some people don't believe it but sunset lake in btree has some big lmb bass in it. my personal best was caught outve there. you can only have electric motors in it and theres normally not to many people on it either. its a decent size lake but its not to big. I woukd suggest it

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 11:51 am

Sunset is on my hit list. One of these days I'll get over there.

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 2:43 pm

yea i live in braintree so i use to fish there all the time. i dont have a boat however and you do just alright fishing from shore there. but if you have any type of kayak/canoe/jon boat you can kill it there

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 2:55 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links