Chu smallmouth is large in length but lack in weight. In the past, I know someone caught a 23 inch smallmouth was only 5.25LB. She was a skinny one. I have caught many many smalllouth there between 20-22 inch, they are very, very ,very hard to surpass the five pound mark. But, if you talk to anyone who fished there for sometime, they will tell you "ya, last year I caught a 5.5LB." Someone will tell few years ago they caught 6s. Come on...LOL. I am not saying they are all liars, but fishermen do exaggerate one degree or two. Look this smallie I caught today, she is very healthy and bulky looking. She is 20 inch long. She is the same length as the one I caught from Quabbin yesterday. Guess what, she is only little over 4 pound compare 5 pound from Quabbin in the same length. Almost one pound less on the same digital scale? Gee, don't get me wrong, I take a 4s any day. What's missing on the weight?

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:09 pm

What the hell man? That thing is huge. Maybe the quabbin smallie strained your scales battery LOL!!! All kidding aside, you are just killing it this Spring

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:12 pm

No, this year is no good. You should see my last year opening day at Chu. 5 smallie weight over 20 LB, two 21 inch, two 20 inch, one 18 inch, AND, 3 laker weight 11.5LB, the largest was 25 inch. I had double limit out.

shawneramone

What the hell man? That thing is huge. Maybe the quabbin smallie strained your scales battery LOL!!! All kidding aside, you are just killing it this Spring

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:16 pm

From where I sit you are still having a better spring than a lot of us. I have 0 fish over 4 pounds so far.

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:22 pm

Throw more shallow cranks Sir

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:24 pm

ive been doing better this spring then i did last spring ive caught multiple fish over 5lbs

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:42 pm

I noticed that the perch spawn was late this year. The weather and late ice out slowed things down.

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:53 pm

wat eveter Willy68 say about smallie= that how it go.
Willy68 owned small mouth..okl

fish on Willy68

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:53 pm

kamilfishes

ive been doing better this spring then i did last spring ive caught multiple fish over 5lbs

Dude,are you the person posted last week about 22LB bag at Webster lake? I seriously suggest you to take look Lake Webster tournament history data. 22LB bag on Webster Lake got be top 3 all time high. Do you know in MA what 22LB bag of bass look like? Usually, a kicker bass 6-7LB, second one 4-5LB, and three 3-4LB range. Based on the statement you made about 22LB bag (compared to the pictures you were showing), I doubt you have caught "MULTIPLE" 5s this year. Please check and verify your scale like I did.

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:34 pm

awesome fish Willy. Lots of soup for you!!!

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:33 pm

Great post Willy!

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:45 pm

willy68

kamilfishes

Dude,are you the person posted last week about 22LB bag at Webster lake? I seriously suggest you to take look Lake Webster tournament history data. 22LB bag on Webster Lake got be top 3 all time high. Do you know in MA what 22LB bag of bass look like? Usually, a kicker bass 6-7LB, second one 4-5LB, and three 3-4LB range. Based on the statement you made about 22LB bag (compared to the pictures you were showing), I doubt you have caught "MULTIPLE" 5s this year. Please check and verify your scale like I did.

And Willy throws down the gauntlet!

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:35 am

Was out in Amhest and Leverett fishing this weekend, considered the Quabbin but we figured it was too late to make a day of it.

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:06 pm

Good observations on the Chu bass. I don't have an explanation. I fish the Merrimack a lot and river fish tend to be thinner and longer than lake fish. My biggest Chu bass usually come in summer and they get hunky then. Who knows? Maybe they have to travel a lot chasing food and thin out?

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:41 pm

bloomagoo

willy68

kamilfishes

And Willy throws down the gauntlet!

lmfao!!!! haha

Posted Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:12 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links