Can anybody report some recent water temperatures? Are we getting close to 50 or will it be a while yet?

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:52 pm

The smaller BOW on the southshore and metro west are above 50. Even the bigger BOW are at 50 now.

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:59 pm

stratos1966

The smaller BOW on the southshore and metro west are above 50. Even the bigger BOW are at 50 now.

So about how long until the bass are on their beds?

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:01 pm

bcodkind

stratos1966

So about how long until the bass are on their beds?

It all depends on the weather and the BOW. The smallest of the small ponds with shallow water could see bedding activity any day now, while the bigger ponds "usually" see activity in late April and then the lakes follow in mid May. The spawn can happen fast in the metrowest area as air temps inland can be 15+ degrees warmer then near the coast and on the cape.

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:08 pm

On Mashpee-Wakeby yesterday. 46 at the start, 49 late in the pm. Cold, still, nice to get out.

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:59 pm

The night time temps. are really killing the water warming up Exclamation

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:50 pm

Fished @ Webster Lake yesterday afternoon.....Water temp in main lake areas 52.....Temp in stump field 59......Temp in Indian Ranch cove 57 The shallow seem to be warming up, but the fish don't seem to know it yet.....All I got were Pickerel....Saw a few schools of brim and crappie, Bass were scarce. Fished 'till dark.....Should have stayed home

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:56 pm

I have to get a thermometer. I agree the night time temps are keeping the water cooler that usual.

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:41 pm

the one lake i actually bothered measuring in worcester was 58 before work around 2pm and when i got out at 1130 i went back and measured 54, i saw lots of boils and swirls on surface so just for shits and giggles i threw on a small kinami popper i had with me and actually got 3 topwater bites and also threw in a wacky senko in the same area and got multiple bites on that (in the pitch black lol)so as far as woostah goes the water temp is up enough for the good bites to be on. havent got anything really over 3 lbs yet this year but lots of 1 to 2 and a half lbers almost all on wacky worms and lizards but oddly enough getting topwater bites after midnight this early in the season Smile

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:08 pm

bobpuge

Fished @ Webster Lake yesterday afternoon.....Water temp in main lake areas 52.....Temp in stump field 59......Temp in Indian Ranch cove 57 The shallow seem to be warming up, but the fish don't seem to know it yet.....All I got were Pickerel....Saw a few schools of brim and crappie, Bass were scarce. Fished 'till dark.....Should have stayed home

were you fishing the tournament? i was killin the bass in shallow trees yesterday most fish came in 3 ft of water

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Yes I was in the Wed night tourny, We got out of the water and didn'e even stay to see who had what. I guess Ed was the only one to get 5 fish

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:01 am

I was at indian Head pond in Hanson on Wed. and thw water around 1-4 ft was 60 the rest was averaging 54-57 but like others have said it will vary from pond to pond .
It's these damn cold nights that are screwing with the water temps, But I have a feeling after this week of really nice weather things are starting to pick up. 3 weeks ago I couldnt catch a bass for the life of me and in the past week I have been out almost everyday and I get a minimum of 2 bass per outing so lets hope it's warming up

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:12 am

bobpuge

Yes I was in the Wed night tourny, We got out of the water and didn'e even stay to see who had what. I guess Ed was the only one to get 5 fish

i was catching good size bass every other cast

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:49 pm

kamilfishes

bobpuge

i was catching good size bass every other cast

22lbs!!! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Wow great....I guess I need to go back to school with the fish.....I never got a hit....I fished deep, shallow, and everywhere in-between....Jerk baits....Grubs....Worms....Jigs....an I fished where they should have been, giving the water and wind.....But alas there were no fish for me.....Oh wo is me,,,,,Oh wo is me Sad

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:43 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links