I'm looking at snake pond, spectical pond, ashumet pond,santuit pond, lawrence pond, mystic/middle/hamblin ponds. Anyone know these ponds and can tell me if any of them aren't worth fishing? On;y gonna be there two days and don't want to wast any time fishing unproductive waters.

Posted Mon May 26, 2014 3:18 pm

santuit is good.

Posted Mon May 26, 2014 5:46 pm

Ashumet is good, also a little further down the road is Johns pond. Mashpee Wakeby is near Santuit and a much better place IMO.

Posted Mon May 26, 2014 6:36 pm

I second Santuit

Posted Mon May 26, 2014 6:40 pm

thanks guys, will probably check out santuit. Only reason i don't want to fish mashpee is because i'm gonna be fishing outa my 11ft jon boat.

Posted Mon May 26, 2014 9:59 pm

Good call. Mashpee can get wavey from all the boat traffic. Santuit is a good size for your boat.

Posted Tue May 27, 2014 5:38 am

Will probably check out santuit but hoping to come up with a few more places, Any other ponds worth trying? I know there's a lot of other good ponds on the cape, just figuring out which ones.

Posted Tue May 27, 2014 4:06 pm

mashpee or long pond harwich?

Posted Tue May 27, 2014 7:08 pm

samf

mashpee or long pond harwich?

Those are definitely good fisheries from what i've heard but i'm looking for smaller less crowded bodies of water seems how i'm gonna be there over a weekend and fishing outa a small boat with only a trolling motor

Posted Tue May 27, 2014 8:18 pm

I would do Santuit Saturday and Mystic/Middle pond Sunday. Avoid boat traffic that way and Middle has small car topper launch and a cut that goes into mystic pond. I have never fished mystic/middle them but it has a herring run so the fish population should be doing well and habitat looks ok clear water. Also has largemouth and smallmouth and fishing pressure should be almost non existent. Top water bit some where like that could be insane. that will give you totally different experiences Santuit is one of the only mud hole dirty water ponds on the cape and Middle looks clean and clear. If you want to add a third and jump around one day John's pond has some great fish in it but gets a lot more turneys and fish are bit smarter.

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 9:44 am

Peters pond small place in sandwich hit all bouys all tied off on large rock piles'hump at boat ramp awesome pond but can get very loud in the summer!! few docks but they do produce!!!!

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 12:17 pm

Yeah I love peters if you want to do a split day hit there early and get of the water when the jet skis and water skiers head out its small pond and has a lot pleasure boat traffic and it will be tough on you in a small boat with all the wakes.

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 12:34 pm

trashmanssd

I would do Santuit Saturday and Mystic/Middle pond Sunday. Avoid boat traffic that way and Middle has small car topper launch and a cut that goes into mystic pond. I have never fished mystic/middle them but it has a herring run so the fish population should be doing well and habitat looks ok clear water. Also has largemouth and smallmouth and fishing pressure should be almost non existent. Top water bit some where like that could be insane. that will give you totally different experiences Santuit is one of the only mud hole dirty water ponds on the cape and Middle looks clean and clear. If you want to add a third and jump around one day John's pond has some great fish in it but gets a lot more turneys and fish are bit smarter.

Thanks for the info. I think we might try middle/mystic on saturday and depending on how the day goes we might also try to hit snake and Lawrence Saturday too, we will be out fishing all day so we'll see what happens. If we suck the first day then try santuit on sunday, think santuit should be a pretty easy place to fish.

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 1:56 pm

markdegrenier

Peters pond small place in sandwich hit all bouys all tied off on large rock piles'hump at boat ramp awesome pond but can get very loud in the summer!! few docks but they do produce!!!!

Thanks for the reply! Not sure if we'll try peters, but we shall see.

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 2:04 pm

Santuit is Res only during the summer season until 8pm-6am so only night fishing. The ramp at Mystic/Middle is also res only during the summer

Posted Wed May 28, 2014 5:27 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links