damn that's not good.

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:55 pm

man that's Sad.

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:03 pm

for those that dont know, BPS has an autoinflate for a hundred bucks. It will fit under your jacket in the cold and may save your life. If you cant afford one then contact your local United States Power Squadron (it's online). They usually can hook you up with a free one to borrow. Please be safe

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:06 pm

I heard about this earlier in the day bu then got caught up in the marathon coverage. What a shame Sad

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:18 pm

My son told me about this yesterday. Very sad.

I believe there's sign at boat launch, that says pfds must be worn during certain months?

Its a no brain-er! You should wear em !!

Posted Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:21 pm

Sept. 15 - May 15.

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:13 am

September 15th until May 15th......PFD's must be worn on canoes, kayaks, etc... They tip easily and if they tip, you end up in some very cold water, during these months. That is the reason for the dates. Unfortunately see it all the time.

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:15 am

Hammer home the message boys. There are a lot of noob yakers on this board that need to hear this.

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:19 am

Ill be honest im wicked guilty of this i never wear mine its always in the boat (and i know that doesnt help once you fall in) but idk ive fallen in at some bad times worst was jan. 12th of 09 fell in boston harbor with no pfd maybe its gonna bite me in the but someday.

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:39 am

just wear that damn thing - i got a cammo one now i wanna wear it to look kool Very Happy

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:49 am

Anything camo is cool

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:07 am

For those of you that choose not to wear a jacket or vest, like myself, please consider: http://www.basspro.com/Type-IV-Flotation-Cushion/product/44754/

This is a USCG Approved Type IV flotation device. If the boat should overturn, you wrap your arms around the straps and either swim to shore or wait for help. DO NOT use this option if you don't know how to swim.

Technically, a Type IV is meant to be thrown to someone else and does not replace a vest. Exclamation But it is much better than having nothing. And it's comfy on your butt Laughing

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:38 am

I was out on a pond this morning and saw a guy with a boy around 10-12 years old launch kayaks and neither one of them was wearing a PFD Exclamation Shame on the adult for being a total idiot Exclamation

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:05 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links