Do you use live bait for Bassin?
Twisted Evil

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:26 am

No, that's cheating Exclamation Laughing I wouldn't pay those prices anyway Exclamation

Last edited by don51 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:28 am

Not anymore way to boring. And no accomplishment in catching a fish on live bait at all.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:29 am

nope

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:29 am

no, never.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:11 am

I do from time to time, I won't lie nor do I feel a need too lol.

I enjoy occasionally taking some light gear out and float fishing some golden shiners up from a local spot then having a fun day with em for bass and catfish/bull heads on various waters.

No reason not to and I fly fish most species outside of carp so don't tell me I can't handle a lure Wink

Some folks claim it is cheating but i say it is all fun. Don't do it all the time but there is something to be said about understanding how to find your own bait and utilize it to bag up a few nice fish. I won't buy bait, as I don't think it is worth it nor do I support the way many bait sellers get their stock.

On a side note one thing that I always found funny was that a lot of folks who claimed it was cheating to use live shiners for bass, would have no issues using crabs/eels/menhadden for Stripers.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:24 am

I used to use shiners a lot back in the day but I got sick of buying them and carrying them around. I wouldn't be opposed to getting a bucket and taking my kid out for a fun day.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:33 am

jupp i love em - pike trout bass - all day long on a hook on a swimmer or deep trolled on a diver or plain dead on a bare hook

but i also love the rubbers and frogs

love to catch it myself too but didnt find a rite spot yet

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:33 am

I do on occasion. When I want to relax and have some cold ones. It's actually much more laid back.
To add nobody has any problem ice fishing with shiners.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:34 am

30 years ago , when i was a teenager and stuck shore fishing..... yes. But ever sine I bought my 1st boat 25 years ago.... not once. I feel you catch more fish with artificials AND moving around , covering water then you do sitting soaking a shiner.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:56 am

stratos1966

30 years ago , when i was a teenager and stuck shore fishing..... yes. But ever sine I bought my 1st boat 25 years ago.... not once. I feel you catch more fish with artificials AND moving around , covering water then you do sitting soaking a shiner.

you're old

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:16 am

I always use lures. Even when trout fishing...

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:24 am

Lure only unless ice fishing
BUT!
Muskybigfish has me intrigued about this live bait stuff!
Especially for my kids!

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:26 am

yeah! Nothing wrong with it other than it gets pricey... sometimes its fun to just wade out bake in the sun with some good music playing and catch some fish with some smaller fish.

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:29 am

A few years ago I rented a cottage in NH. I would catch little perch and hook them up under the bobber. It was a lotta fun just watching that bobber bounce around and then disappear. Also it was fun catching the perch with really light line and tiny hooks. It was like a competition for who could catch the smallest.

But if I caught a 5 pound bass on live bait I wouldn't feel like I accomplished anything. Catching big fish on artificial bait is like a drug

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:29 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links