...of 2013..Gonna do a little shore fishing at Pentucket pond.....I have never fished there before. Any advice, ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:43 am

Good luck. I'm headed out for second time. Trying to determine if its gonna be too cold for the yak......nah....good luck out there.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:29 am

As the Frogman says, you need to dress for the water, meaning in the case you go for an unintended swim. I've been out in the yak twice in the past week and the wind has been the biggest issue. You'll need multiple layers for warmth.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:53 am

ezangler

Good luck. I'm headed out for second time. Trying to determine if its gonna be too cold for the yak......nah....good luck out there.

I will purchase my yak in the next couple weeks....Since I've never fished out of a yak before I will wait for a little warmer weather before I try this grand " experiment"...So for now just a little shore fishing for me.....good luck

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:40 am

I fished from shore a couple of weeks ago with no success. I'm heading out in the yak tomorrow for the first time this year.

Hoping for little to no wind or I won't last long.

Good luck out there!

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:55 am

I took my yak out yesterday fist time ever on a kayak I didn't realize I need waders because of the scupper plugs I stuck it out for 3 hours then my wet a** forced me to come in listen learned !

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:31 pm

Yes, waders are pretty much essential this time of year. In the warmer months you don't need them but you will need a good synthetic (not cotton) undergarment. I use Under Armor.

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:06 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links