so what happened today was so odd that i figured id make a thread about it lol. so im fishing a little bass pond down the street from me and a lady comes over and starts throwing bread out to the ducks right next to me ,so the ducks start swimming over towards shore and then in swoop the flying rats (gulls) just as im going to cast and thats when i felt it... what felt like a big fish could not have been a fish cause my bait hasnt hit the water yet! a friggin gull flew into my line in mid air and close lined himself right outta the sky and into the water! so i sat there and stared for about ten minutes and saw a bubble trail move about 6 feet or so under water then stop and the bird never surfaced. so i guess i closelined a bird outta the sky and into a watery grave by accident... craziest thing i ever seen

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:54 pm

I've caught gannets and sea gulls before. Dumb birds.

1 gull died. Hit came down grabbed my rapala.
Some people were freaking out. Yelling cut the line. I was using braid do I cut the line.

The hook got caught in its foot. And it drowned.
Found it 2hours later dead. Got my lure back!

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:11 pm

I think if I was fishing there and some douche did that to me, I think I would Cam Neely her ass, meaning punch her in the stomach and pull her shirt over her head and continue to throw hay makers at her nasty ass until she dropped then I would keep fishing.

what an inconsiderate douche!

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:13 pm

I have caught 8 Loons in the last 7 yrs at the RES, all on Bluegills.

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:33 pm

When I was a kid I was casting off the town Wharf in Plymouth.A gull grabbed my bait in mid air.Have you ever hooked a gull in mid air?It was kind of fun.I finally cut the line after a few minutes and couldn't believe I actually hooked it.Seagulls beware.

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:52 pm

I too once had a gull just grab my bait and try to fly off. Thank god I didn't hook it.

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:56 pm

when it was slow on the Ice one day, we took a Moutain Dew bottle and tied mono to it with a dead shinner, Laughed our Balls off for an hour or so.

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:06 pm

Seems like a pretty cruel prank. Did you at least retrieve the mono and the plastic bottle from the bird?

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:28 pm

johnnybag-a-bass

I think if I was fishing there and some douche did that to me, I think I would Cam Neely her ass, meaning punch her in the stomach and pull her shirt over her head and continue to throw hay makers at her nasty ass until she dropped then I would keep fishing.

As long as I'm fishin for carp feed the ducks all you want. What I hate is when parents let their kids chuck rocks in the water right next to you.

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:14 pm

johnnybag-a-bass

As long as I'm fishin for carp feed the ducks all you want. What I hate is when parents let their kids chuck rocks in the water right next to you.

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:19 pm

Did the woman start yelling at you Question Laughing Surprised she didn't call the police Exclamation Laughing

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:45 pm

lmao @ johnny i wanted to punchher in the stomach and kick her in the cunt but i excercised extreme self control, some people dont understand fishing eticut ( dont crowd my spot ! ) she actually was kind of shocked at it too and she did ask me what the hell i was thinking so i told her i thought i was fishing but then you showed up lol. she told me i was a stupid a***** that needs to pay more attention to my surroundings yada yada yada so i told her she was a dumb cunt and then got in my car and left. it was not a friendly or civilized encounter to say the least lol. i did feel bad about what happened but its not even close to my fault, she attracted them to a spot where i had already been for a half hour and then the dumb ass flew into my line in mid air so its not like i was aiming for it. sh1t happens

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Yup the kids throwing rocks and people playing fetch with their dogs.I have no problem sharing the pond with recreational users that don't fish but common sense would tell you not to bring your dog swimming where i've established my fishing spot.

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:18 pm

I caught some pretty crazy stuff while fishing in Boston over the last few years. Just a few are: 3 construction cones in one year, condoms, underwear, dead fish, fishing rods, hub caps, my lost lures, baseball gloves, carpets, hats, shoes, and a seagull!

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:41 pm

thelucky

I caught some pretty crazy stuff while fishing in Boston over the last few years. Just a few are: 3 construction cones in one year, condoms, underwear, dead fish, fishing rods, hub caps, my lost lures, baseball gloves, carpets, hats, shoes, and a seagull!

lol if i ever catch a rubber im cutting my line rather than unhooking it... bleccchhh!!! now that you mention it i have cought a shakespeare ugly stick light with a cork handle lol it was in damn good shape too and the tard that lost it in the lake must have just bought it cause it still had the plastic wrap and warranty card stuck to the grip , the little bit of cork that was exposed was kinda eaten away but when i peeled the plastic wrap off the rest of it was all nice clean brand new cork! no reel though which i thought was odd Sad

Posted Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:50 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links