I would like to thank all my MAFF brothers and sisters for voting me in as Angler of the Year. It's such an honor to be recognized by my peers and I truly am shocked and humbled. There are so many people that I want to thank. Jay for actually nominating me. Karl and Rog to ragging on me so hard that I just always wanted to beat them. Rich for many pointers on gear and techniques. Damon and Dan for not calling me out for rubbing down Kev with sunblock. For Johnny Bags and Smoke for getting this whole thing going and for Neil seamlessly taking the reigns. Scotty and Ken from Halo who show up for every event and fish hard. That's some tough competition. To both my team mates Darren and Dunt who didn't get to fish a lot this year but Darren took the time to singlehandedly win Oldham and Dunt never said a word when I started fishing with Kevin. Which brings me to my biggest thanks. Kevin, we make a great team. It was always a fun day on the water no matter what the conditions. You really helped me build that confidence in the jig. And fishing off of your boat was the number one reason I upgraded this year. Good luck with your wedding and I hope we can get some fishing in this year. In closing I just want to make sure that everyone knows I'm only joking around. I'll leave the arrogance to Phil and Jeff. I really love the patch you sent me and it's already on my shirt. Good luck to you all this year. Tight lines!

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:04 am

AOY
I knew you would be voted in!

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:13 am

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:14 am

Congrats though. I must have missed the vote.

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:36 am

Everyone voted. Like an Iraq election. I won with 110% of the vote

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:43 am

we did vote but I didnt know the "A" stood for angler.

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:57 am

kman

we did vote but I didnt know the "A" stood for angler.

Suckah

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:03 pm

blackgts2002

THAT RULES!

congrats, beat that arrogant anglers, that's some arrogance right there!

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:04 pm

The Ole' One Man Election, You Vote For You, and You Count The Votes!!

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:09 pm

CONGRATZ SHAWN!! YOU DESERVE IT!!!

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Can I have your autograph?
Laughing

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:30 pm

Autographs are free after each weigh in

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:36 pm

hahaha that's awesome.

who made that patch? jay?

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:02 pm

I thought you guys made it

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:16 pm

blackgts2002

Congrats though. I must have missed the vote.

We ALL must have missed the vote!

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:07 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links