Just curious..what kind of electronics guys use in their cartoppers? I use the Humminbird 571 HD with digital imaging. Actually just bought it...have been using Humminbird portables forever. Anything better out their?

Posted Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:25 pm

cookiecutter

Just curious..what kind of electronics guys use in their cartoppers? I use the Humminbird 571 HD with digital imaging. Actually just bought it...have been using Humminbird portables forever. Anything better out their?

I have had the portable Hummingbird 570 for a few years now It still does the job, especially locating schools of fish in deeper water when dropshotting, which is the only time I rely on the fish finding capabilities.

I recently installed a Lowrance LCX27C on my air craft carrier sized topper (15 ft tracker i use for both big boat and car topper events) and she fits and works excellent.

My buddy just installed the new Elite 5 DSI its short money and one hell of a unit for the price

Posted Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:18 pm

i had that as well. it's decent. i now i have a 778C HD. i'll be upgrading to gen 2 lowrance HDS-5 next year.

i like to be able to watch the fish react to the lure on the screen in real time.

my topper is a modified tracker topper though. basically a 12' jon converted to a bass boat. i used to have a bass hunter pontoon style topper. still used the 778C on it. i kept the portable case and battery and just installed the unit. all i needed to do was drill some extra holes on that plastic base.

Posted Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:08 pm

sinista

cookiecutter

I have had the portable Hummingbird 570 for a few years now It still does the job, especially locating schools of fish in deeper water when dropshotting, which is the only time I rely on the fish finding capabilities.

I recently installed a Lowrance LCX27C on my air craft carrier sized topper (15 ft tracker i use for both big boat and car topper events) and she fits and works excellent.

My buddy just installed the new Elite 5 DSI its short money and one hell of a unit for the price

i just got the elite 5 dsi and it is amazing for the price

Posted Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:20 pm

I run a HDS 8 on my crawdad

Posted Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:45 pm

bangbang

I run a HDS 8 on my crawdad

showoff

Posted Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:48 pm

I'm still not telling you where that self destruct is on your alummacraft

Posted Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:54 pm

bangbang

I'm still not telling you where that self destruct is on your alummacraft

Speaking of my Alumacraft. I bought the wrong Nav lights. No way to use 2 pin lights on a 3 pin base huh?

Posted Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:56 pm

We can get them to work, but we wired the front nav light to accommodate the courtesy LED that comes with 3 pin lights. I would return them and 3 pins.

Posted Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:00 pm

I bought them on Amazon so it'll probably cost me to return. I'm gonna see if I can sell em. I hate when I do stupid stuff like that. I'm pretty sure Damon told me 3 pin

Posted Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:20 pm

sorry to hijack the thread but i'm pretty sure joe fixed them last sunday so they should work. he showed me how on mine as well.

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:53 am

Do yours have 2 or 3 holes? Mine only have 2. So they don't snap in

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:55 am

Ya sorry for the hijack. I just bought the elite 4 dsi. I was kind of bummed that it was dsi only. For some reason I thought it did 2d sonar as well. I don't rely on my FF much as most of the places I fish are fairly shallow but there's always the tourney lakes that I don't know well. I can't wait to try it out

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:38 am

I have a 30' piece of rope marked off in 1 foot increments with a rock tied onto the end. I drop it overboard every 50 yards or so and I get the depth. Sometimes I get lucky and a fish floats to the surface with a bump on its head.

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:39 am

samf

sorry to hijack the thread but i'm pretty sure joe fixed them last sunday so they should work. he showed me how on mine as well.

This!

I rewired that base on Sunday. You can use the two pin light in the back. If the light you have literally only has two holes (some have the third with nothing in it) then you can either take the pin out of the socket that you dont need, or drill a hole in the light base to receive it.

Or buy the right light lol

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:53 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links