Wondering what you guys use for your jerkbait setup spinning or casting what type of line stuff like that. Going to be trying to work this bait a lot this year but not to sure about what i should use...

Posted Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:28 am

6'6" to 7' medium extra fast. Spinning. 8lb floro or 10lb mono. You can use medium heavy rods as well, just set your drag llighter

Posted Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:42 am

6' 4" Skeet Reese jerkbait/topwater casting rod. 8 lb fluoro.

Posted Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:46 am

thecontender

Wondering what you guys use for your jerkbait setup spinning or casting what type of line stuff like that. Going to be trying to work this bait a lot this year but not to sure about what i should use...

http://www.denalirods.com/michaelmurphyjerkbaitrod-casting.aspx

Click the link, check the price, ill give you an additional 20% off that also.

This rod is also available in a spinning version , both are technique specific.

I own one, its a great rod.

Posted Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:00 pm

Those Denali rods look awesome! Never tried one.

Posted Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:41 am

i use a dobyn's 684CB or 685CB. they're 6'8" and M Mod/Fast and MH Mod/Fast. jerkbaits, crankbaits, and topwater.

Posted Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:44 am

I may be the odd man out here but I toss mine, which are usually Husky jerks RC or Erratics, on a 6'6" Spinning rod med light with 10lbs Fireline or 8lbs Floro. Usually Fireline with a Floror leader.

So far so good for me like it better than the Med and Med Heavy Spinning rods I used to use. Like the action I get and the sensitivity.

This rig also doubles as my drop shot rig.

Posted Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:38 am

depending on conditions ill throw one with my 7'1" med rage when conditions call for lighter tackle

Posted Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:27 pm

stratos1966

6'6" to 7' medium extra fast. Spinning. 8lb floro or 10lb mono. You can use medium heavy rods as well, just set your drag llighter

2nd that

Posted Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:10 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links