I was surfing the internet to check if corn is allow to use for bait in Massachusetts.

Most of them said it is illegal to use or even chum them. So I want to hear what rule for to use corn since I don't want to break or get into trouble that I am not being aware of it.

Let me know. Thanks.

Posted Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:47 pm

I have never seen any restriction on the use of corn. We use it for carp all the time and I have seen many others using it for trout as well.

Posted Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Yes you can use it.

Posted Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:33 pm

yeah, allright. much thanks.

Keep Go Fish !

Posted Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:02 pm

Folks used to say fish, especially trout cannot digest/pass corn and thus it plugs them up/kills them. Don't know if that is really true, but I do know they really like to eat it...

Posted Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:01 pm

Nah, don't worry about using corn for trouts. I don't plan to use it for them. only on carp.

Posted Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:34 pm

I use Corn by the bucket loads for Carp at the Lake, so much that the guys fishing for Rainbows tell me that when they catch them they are full of Corn, they are a stocked fish for people to catch and eat. So, they are cathing them half ready to be stuffed and eaten, only need to use some bread and I will be making baked stuffed Rainbows for them. hahahhaa Atleast the Fish are eating and becoming healthy

Posted Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Hey Guys, I just left the Expo and I asked the DCR and Mass Wildlife and the Envro Police and Game Wardens all 1 questions "Is it legal to use corn for Carp" and they all said the same "YES!!!" and u can also chum with it to draw them in "Yes" again was the answer!!! If u should catch anything else with the corn dont tell them You are only Carp fishing wink wink. Muskie

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:14 pm

Saw a study on-line conducted by Pennsylvania F&G. Results were that corn does not kill or hurt trout, as they all lived for over a year. However, those trout that were only fed corn grew only half as much as the trout that were fed a protein diet. Biologist said trout can't metabolize the corn. Net, they like it, it doesn't kill them so have at it...

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:56 pm

Saw a study on-line conducted by Pennsylvania F&G. Results were that corn does not kill or hurt trout, as they all lived for over a year. However, those trout that were only fed corn grew only half as much as the trout that were fed a protein diet. Biologist said trout can't metabolize the corn. Net, they like it, it doesn't kill them so have at it...

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:57 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links