Decided to try and make myself a wakebait. here is the unpainted results so far

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:08 pm

The Slappah!!!

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:18 pm

very nice!! me and my buddy were just talking about how it couldnt be be to hard to make a bait similar to the ms slammer haha now did you make it a hard tail or soft? it looks like its hard but not sure. what color are you gonna paint it?

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:20 pm

It's a hard tail. It's actually made out of credit card type material. There is another wakebait out there called a 'woodtail" It looks just like a slammer but it has a wood tail similar to the one on my bait.

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:25 pm

Stripers would love that!

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:26 pm

oh really it must push a lot of water with a hard tail on it and would be good to not have to replace the tails either the bait looks like its comming out good

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:34 pm

basshunter93

oh really it must push a lot of water with a hard tail on it and would be good to not have to replace the tails either the bait looks like its comming out good

The epoxy is drying overnight. Now that we have open water again, I might give it a cast or 2 at a local pond to see how she swims.

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:36 pm

Is that what the weight thread is about? I'll be expecting mine in the mail next week.

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:44 pm

I look forward to the prostaff opportunity Rich.

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:13 pm

looks awesome, nice job.

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:46 pm

cool! nice work. i think a hairy purple vieny penis paintjob would get those fish bitin Shocked

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:54 pm

Are you planning to test them yourself, buddy, or are you going to let the big boys give them a shot?

Seriously, looks nice so far Rich. Cool

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:54 pm

river_pirate

Are you planning to test them yourself, buddy, or are you going to let the big boys give them a shot Cool

Team Tacklewarehouse will be doing the testing

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:55 pm

I like the prototype Rich...on the way to becoming another a big bass weapon! I would offer to test it for you, but I'd feel bad to be the first one to land a beast on it lol!

By the way, Boone is still locked up with 6 plus inches of ice!

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:11 pm

yea the cape is back to open water again sadly haha or maybe not i dont know weather i like fishing ice or open water at this time of year haha either way as long as i can still fish thats all that matters i hopefully will be able to get out for a little bit tomorrow!!

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:19 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links