Is it just me or are equipment issues never ending? As I was relining my 3 month old Quantum rod I realized the ceramic insert was missing in the eye. So do I go through the hassle of mailing it back to Quantum for a warranty repair or take it to the local bait shop for a replacement?

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:13 am

buckos in fall river is very good. 191 stafford rd.

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:17 am

I live in Everett. There's a shop that probably does it. Buckos would be over an hour drive

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:28 am

shawneramone

I live in Everett. There's a shop that probably does it. Buckos would be over an hour drive

There is a tackle shop in Porter Square in Cambridge that I have used to fix rod tips. Not sure about replacing inserts, but I would call first. Forget the name of the place but its the only gun and fishing store in Porter square. Is it a fuji micro guide? Because I know they don't fix them there.

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:42 am

It's a regular tip. From what I've been reading nobody actually replaces the insert. They change out the guide. Fishing Fanatics in Everett probably does it. The guy's been there forever. I'm gonna swing by on my way home or maybe put it off for tomorrow and go fish. I have other rods. lol

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:46 am

what rod is it exactly? i had an old quantum that broke when i got it, and i sent it in and they sent me an upgrade for a replacement.

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:46 am

Did the insert just fall off? You can superglue that back on.

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:50 am

I can't find it

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:16 am

thelucky

shawneramone

There is a tackle shop in Porter Square in Cambridge that I have used to fix rod tips. Not sure about replacing inserts, but I would call first. Forget the name of the place but its the only gun and fishing store in Porter square. Is it a fuji micro guide? Because I know they don't fix them there.

It was Roach's sporting goods. They went out of business last year.

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:44 pm

I say ship it back. and who knows maybe you get one in the mail with tags on it and a christmas bow!

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:41 pm

twebber

I say ship it back. and who knows maybe you get one in the mail with tags on it and a christmas bow!

I'm leaning towards this too. I have a feeling the guy down the street will F it up and then I'll have nothing.

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:46 pm

shawneramone

twebber

I'm leaning towards this too. I have a feeling the guy down the street will F it up and then I'll have nothing.

Santini? I'd rather do it myself. lol

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:49 pm

Did u get it at bass pro? If you did, they're customer service is pretty damn good. Bring it, tell its only a coupe years old, and you realized that the eyelet has been missing and you'd like a new one.. A very good chance they will tell you to grab another one. And all taken carenif

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:59 pm

Is it the first guide on the rod near the tip? That one is easy to replace, a $5 kit and a lighter is all you need. Any other guide besides the tip is a pain. If you have micro guides I would sent it back. Most local guys don't touch the fuji guides.

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Just do it your self can you find a replacement tip at Dick's or somewhere close to you and then just heat up the old one with a lighter it'll pull right off then just glue the new one back in it's place good as gold. use some clear nail polish around the edge if you want or need to.

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:19 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links