After being out four times this season and only catching pickerel, crappie, and sunfish, I finally got a few bass today. I went to Hager pond in Sudbury for a couple hours in my kayak. Cought three decent bass (1.4lb/1.7lb/2.0lb) all on rapala jointed suspending jerkbait.

[/img]

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:24 pm

I'm stuck on shore and got my first bass last wk.Guess I don't feel as bad some guys haven't sniffed a bass yet and they have the advantage of a vessel

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:45 pm

knpc

After being out four times this season and only catching pickerel, crappie, and sunfish, I finally got a few bass today. I went to Hager pond in Sudbury for a couple hours in my kayak. Cought three decent bass (1.4lb/1.7lb/2.0lb) all on rapala jointed suspending jerkbait.

Nice fish, I broke the seal in my kayak today as well.

Where did you launch from?

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Thanks
On the corner of Rt20 and Parmenter Rd there is a white plaza, on the left side of the buildings there is parking and a good area to launch. It's a nice little spot to fish when I'm working in the area. Last year I got a 4.5lb bass there and a friend of mine got one just over 5lb, not bad for a small pond.

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Nice, thanks for the info.

Posted Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:33 pm

Nice. It looks like a nice little pond to paddle around too.

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:44 am

Nice to see someone getting a few Exclamation My last few outings have been terrible and it is becoming quite frustrating to say the least Exclamation Laughing

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:35 am

Well done

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:02 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links