staring to fish silverbuddies /bladebaits what size snap should i use for 1/2". sometimes it hangs up on me when jigging is that normal

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:38 pm

i use the smallest possible. so far, i've been able to use 1 size for everything...Offshore Angler Duolock Snaps #1 (20 lb. test)

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:04 pm

nice I will give it a try I wish I Didnt winterize my boat or I would go tomorrow, so I'm at the mercy of friends

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:32 pm

do what i did since i got then online and they're so cheap...buy a pack 1 size bigger and smaller. trial and error hahaha

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:36 pm

just realized you said 1/2" but i dunno if they make a size smaller than 1. also, i think i got them at BPS and it was only a 50 pack but still only $5. i can tell you that they're pretty small but i used them for regular size bass gear like cranks and bigger spoons.

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:43 pm

most of them are 1/2 I have acouple 1/4 and 3/4 but mostly 1/2 I ask because the ones that come stock i dont like them so I will try your suggestions.Its amazing how well the siverbuddies work

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:47 pm

1/2 oz? if you're talking about 1/2 oz. the snap size should definitely work. i mostly use 1/2 oz. as well. check out the binsky blades too if you like silver buddies.

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:17 pm

I got one of these but I never use it.
When do you use it. How do you work it?

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:29 pm

sort of like a drop shot but for a reaction bite. or when they're schooling up or crashing through bait. drop it right down there and snap it up making sure it stays around where they are...so not jigging it in the 10-20' zone if they're 30-40' deep. you get the idea.

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:13 am

blinksy blade i will give it try.

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:28 am

Careful with binksy blades. I hear paint chips wicked easy.
Maybe they all do?

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:13 pm

no problems yet for me but i haven't used it for a long time yet. i bet most painted blades lost paint after a bit though. i usually use silver too so it's not as much of an issue. damiki vault is good as well. stock hooks suck more than usual though.

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:27 pm

samf

no problems yet for me but i haven't used it for a long time yet. i bet most painted blades lost paint after a bit though. i usually use silver too so it's not as much of an issue. damiki vault is good as well. stock hooks suck more than usual though.

I haven't used enough to see issues. Silver/chrome is the binsky model that chipped real easy for my friends.
I use a pewter version a friend custom makes on the side.

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:07 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links