I need answers to why I can't catch a couple of nice bass like the rest of you guys.
Last couple of times I've been out have been super SLOOOOOOW.
What have you guys been using?
I'm desperate.
I might bring some dynamite or shiners.
Tomorrow's a new day. Heading back out

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:56 pm

got 9 bass today. Smallest was 16" 2-4. Largest was 20" 4-2. All were caught on 5" motoroil red flake senko with 3/16 oz brass weight-not pegged. All fish were in less than 8 feet of water. Each fish hit like it was a perch...tap, tap...run a few feet, tap tap.....run a few more feet. If I didn't open the bail and let the fish run for at least 10 seconds, they would drop the bait. If I attempted to set hook prior to letting them do their thing, I looked like Reggie Jackson swinging at a Luis Tiant curveball! This is what happened on several times Saturday. Swing batter miss!!! I think they were grapping the tail of the senko and swimming away with it, then sucking it in. Live and learn. 4 hours fishing saturday=0 fish. Missed my first hit today, and changed how I set the hook. That is what makes this so beautiful...things change everyday and just when you think you know what you are doing....they make you look foolish.

Very strange how these fish act when the water gets this cold. Usually it is one tap and I immediately rear back.

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:06 pm

try dragging plastics slowly on the bottom. reaction innovations kinky beavers have been working great for me

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:56 pm

i have been using the beaver 420's they are also working , how have u been rigging them

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Normally I like suspending jerkbaits this time of year but the perch and crappie won't leave them alone Exclamation Laughing It's better than the skunk but I may have to switch up baits to get a bass to bite Exclamation Laughing

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:27 am

jrchilin07

i have been using the beaver 420's they are also working , how have u been rigging them

throw em texas rigged with a pegged 1/4 or3/16 tungsten weight. small hops

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:33 pm

kamilfishes

jrchilin07

throw em texas rigged with a pegged 1/4 or3/16 tungsten weight. small hops

That sounds cool

Posted Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:49 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links