I been hearing about blade baits lately and ordered some lead free ones from a local guy who said he would make me some. I plan on throwing them at Ct river soon.
Anybody use em?

Posted Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:39 pm

jwall046

I been hearing about blade baits lately and ordered some lead free ones from a local guy who said he would make me some. I plan on throwing them at Ct river soon.
Anybody use em?

I throw them instead of crankbaits where the bait is something like a herring or an alewife. There pretty awesome.

I recommend getting at least 1 of the original gay blades for your collection. Not because their better than other blade baits, but it will give you hours of gay blade jokes while fishing.

Posted Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:17 pm

hahaha,
what about the binsky?

Posted Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:21 pm

I have some binsky blade baits that I bought in the spring but I just never threw them this year. They look great, just haven't had a chance to use them.

I do have this mad scientist idea that I want to try them out hookless on a A-Rig. With one swimbait with a hook in the middle and 4 hookless blade baits on the side. I think that is legal in MA?

Posted Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:32 pm

YES to Binsky blades and the Damiki vault. they crush suspending and schooling bass. prepare to swap hooks out though. some #4s or smaller if you prefer. don't count spoons out either. war eagle's with the built in swivel are great.

Posted Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:52 pm

yea, i love blade baits. This time of year the best way to fish them is jigging them off the bottom with 6''- 12'' hops, sometimes 2' hops will work good when the fish are real aggressive. binskys have real good vibration which is real important with a blade bait. The thing i don't like about binskys is the way there designed, the hooks hang up on each other and on your snap/line a lot. heddon sonars and vibe blades are my favorite, but you gotta change the hooks and add split rings. I use 10lb braid with 8-12lb floro leader so i get the best vibration. try them, you won't be disappointed! I'm not sure if blade baits have to be led free?

Posted Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:54 pm

thelucky

jwall046

Anybody use em?

I throw them instead of crankbaits where the bait is something like a herring or an alewife. There pretty awesome.

I recommend getting at least 1 of the original gay blades for your collection. Not because their better than other blade baits, but it will give you hours of gay blade jokes while fishing.

LMAO I need a gay blade...I'll name it Zorro

Posted Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:53 pm

I just bought 16 pewter blade baits. A local guy in my town makes his own for quabin. I'm hoping to throw em on the 18th @ the Ct river with a friend who knows the river.
They look very easy to loose
I have a couple of the silver buddies i was told to buy for early fishing at Webster. We never made it there.
I'm going to see how they work.

Last edited by jwall046 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:16 pm

You gonna put a Buck Tail on them? Maybe a little ESSOX Hunting?

Posted Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:24 pm

Ive heard that smallmouth crush the blades in the winter.
I got a silver buddy I plan on using when the bass are schooling in deep water.

Posted Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:27 am

smallmouth crush blades all year. you just need to find them and have good electronics when they're deep or suspending.

Posted Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:50 am

jwall046

They look very easy to loose

When i first started fishing them i would just sit there and try to rip it free from snags and would loose them a lot. the best thing you can do 90% of the time is just lightly jiggle it and it will free its self, if it doesn't come loose when jiggling it from a distance, get right over the bait and jiggle it again.

Posted Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:29 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links