My son and I stopped by Farrar Pond on the way home from Cochituate and caught a couple of LMB and my son got his first Chain Pickerel. Then on returning home I read on another forum that it is private land. Does anyone know if it's OK to fish there. There are lots of signs that it has been or is being fished by other people from the road side but I rarely see boats on the pond.
Any help? There is a No Ice Skating sign.....that seems to be it...
Thanks for any info...

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:43 pm

The lake is private, supposed to be homeowners only. There are signs all over the parking lot across the street that say it's a private pond. Technically, no one owns water, but they can own the land around it, and judging by all the signs, they probably don't want people in there.

You should try the river right there, and head up to Fairhaven Bay...big bass, pike, pickerel, and no hassles!

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:08 pm

There is a sign in the topper parking lot instructing people that the lot is for the Sud public launch and not for Farrar Pond. The sign says that Farrar is a private pond but there is nothing that says you can't fish it. I think the state/town is just covering itself since it would be very easy to park there and drag a boat across the road to the pond.

Posted Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:09 pm

volume4130

The lake is private, supposed to be homeowners only. There are signs all over the parking lot across the street that say it's a private pond. Technically, no one owns water, but they can own the land around it, and judging by all the signs, they probably don't want people in there.

You should try the river right there, and head up to Fairhaven Bay...big bass, pike, pickerel, and no hassles!

Pretty sure if it's not a great pond then the water can be owned.
Farrar is private. Good chance you will get kicked off if you put a boat in there.

Posted Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:38 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links