http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqsj3uQBlMU

Click the link.

Im going out on a limb sharing this video of my life, but I feel as though I know most all of you well enough to not be judged

If you are asking how this relates to Bass Fishing its very simple, In 2000 I had twice the tackle and equiptment I own now, this brief story of my life (recorded by my employer) will explain how I lost everything and what it took to gain it back.

If you wish to comment please do so here and not on the you tube video it self.

In closing I want to say that should you know someone who struggles with these issues I am always willing to help.

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:52 am

Neil you truly are an inspiration not only as an angler but as a person. From someone who is battling with addictions from opiates and crack coccaine this really hits home. Thank you for sharing your story.

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:26 am

I wish my 44 year old brother would wake up and smell the coffee like you did. Your a good man Neil!

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:05 am

tommyboy

I wish my 44 year old brother would wake up and smell the coffee like you did. Your a good man Neil!

Thanks Tom, if there is anything I can do let me know

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:21 am

sinista

tommyboy

He ended up moving to Texas about a year ago. According to him he's fine! Wink

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:02 am

tommyboy

sinista

tommyboy

He ended up moving to Texas about a year ago. According to him he's fine! Wink

Let me define F.I.N.E. = F*#@ed up, Insecure, Nuerotic & Emmotional , like I said Im here should you need me hope to see you soon!

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:05 am

neil, words can not describe how your story touches me, i lost my younger brother to substance abuse, he spent over a year in fuller hospital in attleboro, but could not save him, to see you recover from what you have been through is truly amazing, stay strong and stay with it, you have people depending on you, do it for them and mostly yourself.... scott.

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:43 pm

you are a good dude neil, im glad to have met you and hope to learn a lot more from you than just fishing

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:47 pm

i know i'm a new guy around here and haven't gotten much of a chance to know you yet, but i really admire you for sharing this and find it pretty damn inspirational bro. good for you for working thru such difficult times and finding your way. i come from a community where i've seen lots of my friends i grew up with go down a similar path and never make it back (and lord knows i've had my struggles of my own). thanks for sharing your story, it reminds me how life isn't about falling down, but about getting back up. awesome man.

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:43 pm

what a story. glad you got back to where you are now and can help others in the same position. and to use fishing as motivation, that's awesome.

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Neil I'm proud of what you have accomplished and I know your trying to help other people do the same.Every thing positive counts for the whole world.And you are positive and I wish everyone else was.YOU ARE A KING IN MY BOOK FOR BEATING THE ODDS.I hope my son and his girl can say the same in four years.I think they will be able to because they have a beautiful 4 month old baby girl that they love very much.I haven't known you very long but you became my friend the moment we met.

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:29 pm

as somebody who just met you this past weekend, and only spoke to you for about 3 minutes, some could say my opinion doesn't matter much. However, I must say in those short 3 minutes, you made a positive impression on me. (yeah, I'm the guy who made you feel like a celebrity by asking if you were Sinista!). Anyhoo, I have always been a person who has had an extra 'sense' about strangers/newcomers, etc... I guess that is why my employer always asks my opionion about people they are interviewing. During those 3 minutes, I had a 'sense' you had some past troubles, but I also had a 'sense' you persevered! I guess I was correct again. When I told you to let me know the next time you were in my neighborhood (north shore-attitash, merrimack river, chebacco), I truly meant it. Glad things have worked out for you and I hope I can get an opportunity to make a lasting impression on you, as you have for others.

Brian

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Great bounce back Man. I'm pretty much at a loss for words

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:08 pm

Long way to come Neil! You got a lot to be proud of.

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Wow....incredible, Massive amount of props to you.... After hearing your story and listeing to my brother b**** about his little problems i almost wana punch him. I wish you could talk to him, but hes in jail....for awhile.

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:37 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links