Cause I'm half computer illiterate and can't find it. I was on my kayak last week and some old man shore fishing told me to watch out for the game warden cause me having three rods on my Kayak was illegal and the same warden ticketed a guy at the same pond for having three rods while shore fishing. I always thought the law was no more than two lines IN the water? Or am I just dumb?

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:24 am

The guy that told you that is wrong and you are right.

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:45 am

Thanks cause I'm literally pulling into joshaus pond in centerville to search for Larry

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:48 am

Well I have never heard of that rule. I would assume it would have to be for all boats and we all know bass boats carry like 20 rods at a time

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:54 am

used to be a game warden myself. The law says you can only USE 2 at the same time-that's 2 in the water at the same time. So if somebody is trout fishing with bottom bait from the shoreline, they can have two rods setup. If the wardens saw how many combos were in storage in my Tracker, and the old man's assertion was true, they would all have a coronary!

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:39 am

I was told this spring at Wachusett Res that you can have 2 Rods out for fishing and 1 rod for catching Bait. The guy who told me fishes the Res all the time and we usually see the Game Wardens. Anyone else hear something like that?

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:43 am

i`ve been told no more than 2 in the water at any time at the res from all the guys i know that fish up there you can carry as many as you want just don`t get caught with more than 2 fishing at the same time

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:54 pm

I had a hard time believing it also, lets just say I don't want to be the one that we really get the answer because of hahahahaha No Way 2 is more than enough Just like Ice Fishing 5 Tilts 4 is more than enough most days, right Jwall Yeah Bab y

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:04 pm

muskiebigfish

I had a hard time believing it also, lets just say I don't want to be the one that we really get the answer because of hahahahaha No Way 2 is more than enough Just like Ice Fishing 5 Tilts 4 is more than enough most days, right Jwall Yeah Bab y

You got it Very Happy

Posted Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:50 pm

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/regulations/cmr/cmr_400.htm

(4) Prohibitions: Except as otherwise provided for in M.G.L. c. 131 and 321 CMR, it shall be unlawful:

g) to set or use more than two hooks for fishing, or, in the case of ice fishing, five hooks

Although this one spells it out a little better...

http://www.eregulations.com/massachusetts/huntingandfishing/general-fishing-regulations-advisories/

FISHING PROHIBITIONS

•More than two hooks for fishing or more than five hooks when ice fishing. A hook is defined as an angling device attached to a fishing line which is designed to take one fish at a time but is not limited to devices commonly called spinners, spoons, bait harnesses, lead head jigs, or plugs.

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:38 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links